Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi. Newbie here

Started by kagenoir, October 29, 2012, 04:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kagenoir

Hi I'm Rhys. Currently 24 years old and gender-queer for lack of a better term. I'm female-at-birth, I prefer men's clothing because I feel like women's clothing are way too constricting. I'm androgynous when it comes to mannerisms, there are times when I feel like I'm neither male nor female. So when I talk to my friends about my current gender identity, they keep on telling me a)so why don't you just call yourself bisexual or b)You're not gender queer, you're female, you just need to dress up/have a make-over or try to wear more girly things . Which is kind of frustrating. I can't seem to make them understand that no, being gender-queer does not automatically make me bisexual (not that there's anything wrong with being bisexual or anything) and that I'm really uncomfortable with some behaviour/clothing which society dubs as feminine.

Sorry, if the paragraph above doesn't quite make sense, I think I'm still not quite clear about some things, but this place seems like a good place to interact with people and learn.

Cheers!
"I am thou, and thou art I...
From the sea of thy soul, I come..."
  •  

Padma

Hi and welcome, Rhys. What you wrote makes perfect sense. It's a really common thing for folk out there to mix up gender and sexuality in their minds - but you're the one who knows how it is for you, not them. Do visit our Androgyne section here, you'll find a whole load of like-minded folk there. Take your time exploring who you are, there's no need to rush to find labels.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Hi Rhys, :icon_wave:

Welcome to our little family. Over 8727 strong. That would be one heck of a family reunion.

Feel free to post your successes/failures, Hopes/dreams.  Ask questions and seek answers. Give and receive advice.

But remember we are family here, your family now. And it is always nice to have another Andro.

And be sure to check out these links ( MUST READS )

Janet 

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

gennee

Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

kagenoir

Thanks for the warm welcome  ;D. Looking forward to hanging out here.
"I am thou, and thou art I...
From the sea of thy soul, I come..."
  •  

RachaelAnn22

Welcome Rhys.it's nice to meet you.Hugs,Rachael.
  •  

Devlyn

Welcome from Boston, Rhys! There's always room for new friends here. See you around the site, hugs, Devlyn
  •