Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Frustration with fyfv

Started by Hikari, October 02, 2012, 10:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hikari

Andrea James has helped our community greatly, but I can help bit feel "Finding Your Female Voice" seems devoid of method. It seems like a buch of vocal exercises that I can't really put together as to how to improve my voice out of them. Maybe it will all just click, may e I need more practice, but I seemed to sound better following CandiFLA doing the falsetto to normal voice thing.

Anyone have any useful advice, am I missing something?
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Beth Andrea

I haven't been really good at doing the exercises on a daily basis, but the first 11 or so are just "warm up" exercises, to get the muscles involved stretched and ready...the next few are sounds, and iirc there's an alphabet exercise.

I do remember thinking (after about a week) that I could feel my throat/voice area getting more used to being in the higher ranges (I do use a pitch meter, btw...I have two of them, one is mentioned in FYFV, and the other can be found by googling "Overtone Analyzer Free Edition"). The more used to doing it, the easier it got (and that was with just a couple weeks' use, before I got distracted with other things. Oooh! OOooh! Shiny!! ...LOL  ;) )

Consistent, daily practice should yield good results. And of course, not just practicing, but using the techniques in your daily life as opportunities come up.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I actually did very well with her program.  All I can say is Practice.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Hikari

Perhaps I should redouble my efforts then, this is very important to me, I have had the most trouble passing with voice. I know I need to get it right.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •