Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Apology to LGB&T community(ies) and lessons to learn from.

Started by Cisfool, November 17, 2012, 11:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cisfool

Quote from: Jamie D on November 18, 2012, 01:23:15 PM
Cisfool -

I don't think you are a fool.  A fool does not learn from their mistakes.

And I am in no position to speak for the community, because I have made many of the same mistakes in my life.  I'm human, I'm falable.

Sometimes, it is not the mistakes we make, but what we learn from them, that is of most importance.  And mistakes in dealing with affairs of the heart are the most instructive - and the most painful.

It is my sincere hope that "Tiger" is a member here, and that he recognizes your anguish.  And if "Tiger" has a forgiving heart, he will work on helping you overcome the past, and, hopefully, begin to build a future.

We are all products of our environment; but, that is something we can work to change.  I wish you the very best, and thank you for your heartfelt post.

Thank you for the observations. Luckily, I have been learning a great deal since I first drafted this post a couple of weeks ago.

As for Tiger, I doubt very much that he follows forums such as this. Regardless, he knows how I feel. The problem is that, because of my behavior, he has little interest in the progress I have made, or my existence all together, and rightfully so. The best I can do is better myself and find a way to try to rekindle something at a later point in time.

Thank you for your support.
  •  

Jamie D

Cisfool - there is a wonderful concept and word in the English language ...

Redemption

It should give us all hope when we mess up.
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Devlyn on November 17, 2012, 05:22:32 PM
I'll give you high grades for apologizing, it isn't always an easy thing to do. Welcome to Susan's Place. Hugs, Devlyn

Was a great 1st post @Devlyn I see it more as a redemptive *confession* than an apology - too bad others, obviously "un-involved", couldn't see it that way too. He's still registered . . . perhaps one day he'll return (don't really miss some of the others)

Forgot how I stumbled across this, think cisfool's heartfelt effort is worth a re-read!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •