Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How often and what do you eat?

Started by Cindy, November 20, 2012, 02:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devin87

Breakfast is coffee with heavy cream and a banana or on weekends bacon and eggs.

Lunch is always some type of meat, usually leftovers from the night before.  My favorite lunch is salami & cream cheese roll ups.  Sooooooo good.

After work when I get home around 3:15 I'll usually have a snack-- again usually more leftovers or an apple with peanut butter or something like that.

Then for dinner I'll eat the good parts of what my family is eating-- the meat and vegetables and skip the pasta or rice or bread or whatever.  If all they have is carbs, like when they make just mac and cheese, I'll make myself something.

Then Mon-Thursday I go to my martial arts classes for a few hours and when I come home around 9 I'm starving and have a snack or another piece of fruit or some leftovers from dinner if there are any.

So it's generally small, high fat/low carb meals and snacks 4-5 times a day.  Although I do intermittent fasting a lot-- I'll just have the coffee for breakfast and not bring a lunch or on weekends I may just not eat until dinner or I may have a huge bacon and egg breakfast and not eat anything else for the rest of the day.

I do let myself have junk food every so often.  My dad says I'm a hypocrite because I ate pie on Thanksgiving.  I don't see why he doesn't understand that allowing yourself junk food in moderation is a good way to keep your diet up.  The few times when I was younger I tried the "never eat junk food again" approach and I panicked and gave up pretty quickly.  But when I know it's fine to have the pie on Thanksgiving or let myself have one Christmas cookie at a party and not feel the least bit guilty about it as long as I eat healthy 90% of the time, I'm much more likely to see this way of eating as something I can keep up for the rest of my life.  It's not being a hypocrite, it's recognizing that it's ok to treat yourself as long as you're not eating junk every single day like most people do.
In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's alright, then you're all wrong.
Why bounce around to the same damn song?
  •  

DriftingCrow

I basically am constantly eating:

Breakfast: one serving of fat free plain greek yogurt or a fruit and vegetable smoothie. Coffee--black, two sugars

Second breakfast: More black coffee with two sugars, an apple or orange; sometimes a serving of baby carrots

Lunch: One serving of soynuts or sunflower seeds, one serving of edamane, one serving of dried currants or raisins. (All nuts/seeds are raw and unsalted)

Second Lunch: An apple or orange (or sometimes I spice it up with a pair)

Dinner: Stir-fry or Curry

Evening snack (I only have an evening snack if I exercised): Fruit and vegetable smoothie with some protein supplement thrown in
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Gemma_D

Probably not enough - this is about standard:

Breakfast - Pack of 4 breakfast biscuits

Lunch - Tin of soup

Dinner - Stuff like Pasta (bolognese or similar), Turkey Burgers and home made chips, Sausage and Mash

Snacks - A few chocolates or some biscuits.

Probably around 1000 - 1400 cals most days. When the weather's not lousy (like it is now) I run about 12 miles a week too.

The eating really took a nose dive when my gender issues flared up. I'm down to a healthy weight now but I'm finding it hard to start eating more to maintain again.
  •  

SarahM777

About 5 days a week it's like this

Get up between 3-4 AM Put some coffee on

About 6 AM grab a banana

About 9 AM  A buttered bagel and a bowl of cereal,(Keep adding cereal till the milk is gone)

About 10:30 grab a snack

About 12:30 Lunch is a sandwich and desert

Between supper one or two snacks (depends how hungry I am)

About 6:00 supper (Last night) 1/4 of a Papa Murphy's cheese sausage and pepperoni pizza (Family size)

About 8:30 a piece of piece with one or two scoops of ice cream

(Yes I eat like horse) Can't gain weight very easily

After supper I do spend about 1 hour on the WII fit (45 is spent doing aerobics) It works for me as I do not like going to a gym.

The others days it's maybe a light lunch and a very light supper (Just don't feel like eating on those days)

Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

ClaudiaLove

Hi , 

My diet is still changing , but at the moment is  :

Breakfast  :  2-3 eggs and maybe a cucumber smoothie
  A few hours later :  Fruits , I usually eat apples , oranges , pears or bananas
  Lunch  :  Some meat , although I really want to avoid it for moral reasons  :(
              or
              Cheese (I like all of them , fresh , Gouda , Brie ,.....), Yoghurt , Kefir , Milk , or other dairy products on the days I don't   
           eat meat     
  A couple of hours later :  Fruits , as many as I crave
  A little later  : A protein powder shake , sometime I make it a little ' guilty ' , with Honey , Milk and Bananas
  Dinner :  Mash potatoes  , made by a special recipe  :D , is healthy and tasty  , and I need a full stomach before bed  , especially        that I don't eat bread or any gluten or starchy products , so I feel quite hungry even after meals
  I would like to start eating soups , but I guess I am a little lazy when I have to prepare them
  I eat Honey for sweetener and sometime just for pleasure , as I don't eat sugar or chocolate anymore  . I supplement with a spoon of pollen a day . 
  Sometime I eat Peanut Butter or Walnut Butter  .
  I am careful at salt , some is from the processed food and some I add when I cook , but just a pinch
  I am not used with spices , also I guess it would be healthier to eat more vegetables  . 
  I am not used with Junk Food , Sodas , or other Commercial Products  , most of the food I eat is only a little processed or not processed at all  and at home I try to cook in a healthy way , even that many people would consider it boring  .  I try to learn some new recipes , in the case I will have a SO soon , I guess he wouldn't be pleased with the meals I eat   :D

•  

peky

I( eat when I am hungry, usually midday and early afternoon, never after 8 PM

I eat anything death or alive, hot or col, bland or spicy.... I will eat the veggies as the last resources... where I come veggies are only for rabbits and donkeys... LOL

My only rule is to eat only to 80% full... old Okinawan trick !
  •  

whatismylife

i eat absolutely anything i feel like as long as it's a few hundred calories below my daily energy expenditure cuz i'm cutting right now.
  •  

Ashlotte

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: Wake up at 6:30; Go to school; Get a fruit cup and coffee during my break at ~10:00; Have a snack when I get home at ~2:30; Eat whatever my mom makes for dinner at ~6:30; Finally I snack while watching TV late at night.

Tuesdays, Thursdays: I wake up whenever; Usually don't eat until my mom makes lunch; Eat lunch; Usually don't eat until my mom makes dinner; Eat dinner; I also sometimes snack while I'm studying.

Friday nights, Saturdays, Sundays: Junk food all weekend, it's horrible, but I can never resist chips and soda.

Basically, every Monday I'm 135 pounds and every Friday I'm 130. Lol it's probably not very healthy.
:icon_zombie:
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I just eat when I am hungry. I had a more concrete schedule in years past. But that is long gone now. It started when I went through the panic attacks and I was barely eating anything at all and suffering from extreme insomnia. Once I was on medication to get all of that straightened out, I was able to get the negative stuff out of the way. But I never got back on a consistent eating schedule. I just eat when I am hungry and try not to eat late at night anymore. But there are times here and there when I end up doing it anyway.

I try to eat fruit everyday if I can. Even when I am broke, I still eat fruit five days out of the week. I hate veggies. I know they are healthier for me but I just can't stomach them most of the time. The ONLY time I can stand them is if I take stuff like onions, peppers and mushrooms and chop the hell out of them. I would then cook them up in meatballs. But with the absurd cost of meats now compared to a few years ago, I rarely do this.

I tend to eat mostly canned and frozen stuff. I try to keep the portion sizes down but sometimes I slack off, especially when it comes to stuff like pizza and lasagna. But, again, with the ridiculous cost of meat, I rarely make a lasagna these days. So, at least I'm not gorging myself on lasagna like I did back in the day. But on the very rare occasion that I can cook one, I tend to pig out since it is so rare.
  •  

Jaime R D

I eat plenty of healthy things like oreos, pizza, peanut butter, mac and cheese, subs, hamburgers, etc. I pretty much only eat when I'm hungry and I eat til I'm stuffed. I avoid the bad things like vegetables.
  •  

TheQuestion

•  

Jill F

I have eaten pretty much anything and everything.  I tend to eat every day.

Turned out I was allergic to a lot of seafood, but sometimes I'll play Russian roulette with crab.  I avoid carbs as well.
  •  

MrKarl35

I eat 400-600 calories every three hours. I try and get at least 25 grams of protein and have 30% of my calories come from fat. I try and stay away from any kind of processed food or bread. Lots of veggies and fruit. Never drink any calories, I just stick with water. It's boring as all hell and takes a good amount of time to prepare, but all in all it's worth it.
  •  

stephaniec

depends on whether I go to CVS or Whole Foods . Mornings have oatmeal and dinner depends on CVS or whole foods. CVS its hot dogs WF its usually chicken or turkey .beets, rutabaga and grapes.
  •  

Leki

I tend to eat 3 meals a day. I no longer believe in "healthy" and "unhealthy" food.

For years I was afraid of fat and I have spent years trying different diets and things but now I have decided to stop dieting as I had some really bad eating issues and started binge eating. I still get a lot of guilt when I eat but I think it is reducing and I am paying it less attention.

What I eat varies a lot. I like desserts and things and I adore chocolate. I enjoy eating lots of different foods.

Yesterday I had porridge with raisins, banana, cookie & cream spread, cashew nut butter, honey and sugar. It was delish!

Lunch was a cheese, ham, salad, salad cream and pickle sandwich followed by a nectarine. I was gonna finish off my chocolate blondie but I left it at home.

Dinner - Burger with sweet potato chips and salad followed by my white chocolate blondie and cookie & cream spread!

Today I had eggs, bacons, fried bread and sauteed vegetables for breakfast and I had a piece of fried bread with cookie & cream spread

For lunch I had a tuna, cheese and salad tosty with blue cheese dressing and mayonaise. I had a mr Kipling cake afterwards with cookie & cream spread and an orange.

For dinner I am having salmon with cuscus and salad and I will probably have a dessert afterwards.
  •  

Kayleewantsout

I'm still in guy mode but my day usually looks like this as I'm still trying to utilise this horrid T stuff to lose weight before going further.

Breakfast

X2 wholemeal toast
X2 poached eggs

Gym (cardio light weights)

Snack
Fruit and protein shake

Lunch
Some kind of healthy chicken or a wholemeal salad sandwich

Gym (more cargo and light weights

Snack
Fruit and yoghurt
Protein shake

Dinner
Something light without carbs

Snack

Handful of fruit and nut mix

Plenty of water through the day

I'm currently 6"2 and 260lbs and losing weight quickly I also have a very active job which helps alot
  •  

KatelynBG

My typical day:

Breakfast- Avocado toast with an egg over hard or oatmeal w/ kiwi, blueberries, chia seeds and flaxseed

Snack- Blueberries and blackberries

Snack- almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds

Lunch- homemade veggie flatbread or salad with spinach, lettuce, broccoli sprout and watercress

Dinner- something vegetarian, usually prepared and cooked. I do a lot with black beans in particular.

My diet is heavy in healthy fat and dietary fiber and I don't worry so much about protein. I try to keep my sugar intake as low as possible, though on days when I run in the AM, I will have a glass of chocolate milk. Other than that it's green tea or water for drinks.

I tend to end up in the 1200-1800 calorie/day range.
]
  •  

Kylo

I don't do breakfast, other than a coffee. Usually don't eat until late afternoon or dinner time.

Right now I'm on a low carb diet which I might look into doing long term if it helps deal with my metabolic issues after temporary hypothyroidism. While eating lots of veg and fish is a lot better than my old habits of sometimes going days without eating it's a tough diet to stick to. You can't get that ketosis taste out of your mouth, you have dreams about bread and it's murder walking past a bakery when the door's open. But I do need to reset my leptin and insulin balance and all that and it's gotta be done. I know my dad successfully kept himself on low carb diets for years and is in good shape. I only plan to do it until I've sorted myself out. Living with a partner (unlike my dad) makes it more difficult to pursue separate eating habits.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

schwarzwalderkirschtort

Breakfast - porridge with honey
2nd breakfast - sandwich - whatever vegan bread i have at the time, Pure soya spread, mock meat, with two pieces of fruit and nuts or a vegetable
lunch - soup or some bread
dinner - 4 vegetables, 1 carb/no carb (usually rice or pasta), protein (tofu, mock meat, high protein veg like spinach or broccoli if I'm really not bothered)
snacks - more fruit, vegan yogurt, maybe some mini vegan sausages, a glass of oat or protein soya milk (it's made for babies but I still drink it)
  •  

Deborah

Breakfast
2 cups coffee
6 cups water
1 can V8
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Vitamins
4 to 5 oz ham slice pan fried in coconut oil & topped with cheese
2 fried eggs
2 cloves garlic

Mid morning
A cup mixture of onions, peppers, tomatoes, and carrots covered in Apple Cider Vinegar and spices

Lunch
1/4 cup dry lentils
1/4 cup dry quinoa
Both mixed and boiled with onions and spices

Supper
It varies but usually about 600 to 900 calories of meat and vegetables, sometimes rice.

After Supper
1/2 cup cottage cheese & an apple
1 cup Greek yogurt w/2 tbsp chia seeds
Sometimes some peanuts

That stays pretty constant during the week.  On the weekend there may be more variability.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •