Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How often and what do you eat?

Started by Cindy, November 20, 2012, 02:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

BT04

As I said in another thread, I do Low-Carb/High-Fat, primal-style. As for frequency, whenever I happen get hungry.

I eat between 40-80g carbs a day, usually none of it is from grains or sucrose. (Sometimes I'll have a quesadilla from sprouted grain or some chips here and there.) My fat intake is 100g+ daily, mostly in the form of animal fats from eggs and dairy. My protein is about average - I have protein powder that I'll be using once I figure out how to time it with working out.

I eat a lot of stir fry, frittatas, hard boiled/scrambled eggs, salad, and vegetable hash. I also eat a lot of plain cheese, good quality dark chocolate, and tea/coffee with whipping cream.

I used to get hypoglycemic a lot, and had very little metabolic flexibility - basically, my body had no clue how to burn lipids when it ran out of glucose, and I'd bonk if I didn't eat every couple of hours. Absolutely miserable (and sometimes dangerous) when you aspire to lead a more active lifestyle like I do. I recently went on my first strenuous hike since starting LCHF, however, and the difference was night and day! All I had for breakfast was two eggs and a banana, and that powered me through the entire 6 miles and 2000 feet of elevation gain without so much as a single hunger pain! I had one more banana, a piece of cheese and a piece of chocolate at the top before coming down the mountain, and that got me through until dinner. I was floored.

Never going back to eating bread and sugar again!

Dessert is highly overrated. :P
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

Zquence

I am 6 ft 120 I barely eat other than at work, and that is all junk.
I tell myself I need to eat better but I have no luck motivating my self.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

At the moment not often, no breakfast (unless coffee counts) no lunch usually, and I keep to ketogenic diet most of the time. 

It's better for me as an endomorph, I don't lose muscle on this kind of diet, I only need about 800 cals a day to tick over, and it avoids the problem of feeling sleepy/foggy after dinner.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Roll

I usually only eat two meals a day, always have.due to anxiety issues as a kid and not wanting anything on my stomach before going to school to avoid any potential upset stomach fallout. Lately I have consciously morphed this into following Intermittent Fasting "diet" guidelines, eating only within an 8 hour window each day.

I've always been blessed genetically in terms of nutrition, and no matter what I or most of my family eats we never have any deficiencies (or too much of something), so I really don't pay attention to nutritional content most of the time(ie: I never bother thinking "I need a serving of fruit or vegetables"). I do try to keep to a roughly average balance of carb-fat-protein in the macro nutrient part of the equation, though it usually just comes down to calorie count for me as long as I am in the ballpark.

Fortunately for me over the years, I actively have detested visibly fatty and greasy food. I always obsessively trim every tiny bit of fat off of chicken, burgers are made with 96% lean beef, tacos and chili are made with ground turkey, etc. If I need more fat for cooking, I would rather add olive oil to the pan than rely on the animal fat. Visible animal fat just grosses me out. (Even with my beloved pepperoni, I always order pizza well done or toss it under the broiler myself to render out as much of the fat as possible. Crisps it up nicely, then I dab up the excess left with a paper towel.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Allison S

I get a headache if I don't eat breakfast by 9 am. For breakfast I'll have maybe a bagel with cream cheese or hummus on bread- things like that. I'm drinking peppermint tea right now inbetween breakfast and lunch. I'll also have fruit maybe a plum and pair.

Lunch if I don't pack something with me (similar to breakfast foods usually), I may get a salad or pizza or chinese/mexican food.

Dinner it depeneds sometimes I'll make a quick ramen soup or something similar if I didn't have much salty food during the day. Or again I'll have some of the breakfast foods I mentioned and that can include cheese with bread, thyme and olive oil with bread, or baba ganoush. I eat a lot of mediterranean foods since I'm vegeterian.

Where I "mess up" is after dinner I'll sometimes have junk food like donuts or chips... I dont know why I keep buying these stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

Since the thyroid issue I had a couple of years back my short term memory was bad. The thyroid recuperated but my memory was still crap. Lately I'd been losing a train of thought mid sentence sometimes, or thinking something I wanted to do and then a moment later it was just gone from my brain for good - annoying and a bit concerning. I'm not of an age where memory should be a common problem.

I heard blueberries were supposed to help with restoring neurons, some chemical in them that promotes brain cell growth or something. I picked some up in November and since then have just been snacking on them raw a lot. I doubted they would do anything but I needed to eat something healthy anyway.

To be honest I think my memory IS improving. I haven't had any thoughts escaping me lately at all. My recall has been much better. I'll stick with eating blueberries.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

EllieJune

I have 3 meals a day. Breakfast and Lunch consist of Soylent, the meal replace... stuff. And when I have dinner at home its usually something low carb, high protein and nutrients.

Here lately I have been doing intermittent fasting where I don't eat for 16 hours and eat non-processed, healthy vegan meal that either come from family's gardens and the natural grocery store... or Soylent if I'm too lazy to cook, lol.
2017 - First steps realizing trans
2018 - HRT
2019 - Full time! :3
2020 - Name Change?
  •