Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Evil Mushroom soup

Started by spacial, November 28, 2012, 06:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacial

As all decent minded people know, instinctively, mushroom soup is brewed by Satan himself.

It is turely evil stuff. And the sensible will generally phone their local priest to preform an exorcism before sending it to their local hazardous waste disposal facility.

Now, it seems, yet more confirmation of the effects of this turely evil concoction.
Mushroom soup claims fourth victim in California

A fourth person has died after eating soup made with poisonous mushrooms at a retirement home in northern California, local officials say.

Three people from the Gold Age Villa home in the town of Loomis had already died after being taken ill on 8 November.

It is thought the member of staff who prepared the soup did not know the mushrooms were poisonous.

The caregiver was among those who fell ill after eating the soup.

California recorded 1,700 cases of mushroom-related illnesses from 2009 to 2010, including two deaths, the Associated Press reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20516353

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Exactly why one does not use wild mushrooms.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

spacial

To be honest, I was a bit reluctant to post this. I don't want to appear to be making light of these terrible and tragic causalities. I'm sure all our sympathies go out to those involved.

But I the thought of Mushroom Soup makes me cringe.
  •  

Hikari

I love mushrooms, but I will stick to getting mine from Wegmans. I am terrible at identifying plants, mushrooms or animals in the wild though.....come to think "the wild" isn't a place I should be.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Nero

I love mushroom soup, but I get it from a can, so no danger.  :laugh:
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Devlyn

No danger other than the salt!
  •  

Joelene9

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 28, 2012, 10:23:32 AM
No danger other than the salt!
Some cans of mushrooms come unsalted, usually the store brands offer that option.  I got some from Kroger.  I use the fresh ones in the supermarket from a local grower.  I like 'shrooms.  The ones around the cabin?  No touchy!  One strain actually glows in the dark, foxfire. 

Joelene
  •