Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Fashion help needed!

Started by michelle666, December 07, 2012, 03:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelle666

I need some help. Help me find a skirt that goes with my tights/sock/boots.

I prefer skirts that are knew length or and inch or two below and not too tight.  Any of you ladies have any ideas?
  •  

big kim

I suggest black it will also go with other clothes
  •  

Kupcake

Oh my God, it's dress-up time.  This is the best thing in the world.  I always dress gender neutral myself, but I love thinking of outfits for people, both boys and girls.  So if I go crazy and suggesting something weird, just chalk it up to my being a weirdo.  Do you mind if I look for something specific?  Or are you looking for more general tips?  I'm going to assume you're in the USA, in terms of picking an online retailer.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  What's your size, anyway?  I can't really eyeball it with a foot pic.  That's probably a one-size sock, and it fits you pretty well.  So I'm gonna guess you're like a medium for skirts and maybe a small-medium for tops?  I'm sorry if I'm getting way too personal.

I was going to jump up and recommend this black lame mini (not super short or anything), but you don't want something tight-fitting.  Foo.  I would probably go with a mini with socks and boots like that.  It's a bit harder to pull off traditional knee-length skirts with those.  But it's doable.  So lets do it.

In terms of knee-length skirts, I'd probably steer you away from anything pleated or schoolgirly.  At least with those two.  Unless you really want to go for the punk schoolgirl look, in which case we can totally do that if we can find some stuff in the right color.

I'd probably point you at something like a black petticoat slip skirt (a few inches above the knee)?  Or maybe something shirred.  I'm actually thinking the former.  You'd really need to choose the right top, though.  Seeing the top of a traditional skirt worn on the waist would clash too much.  You'd need to obscure most of the upper part with something worn on top which matches the girly punk feeling of the boot-sock combo.  Do that, and you'd get this mix of a flourish of traditional combined with the punk look.  Which I personally think is how punk works best.

You could probably pick out a skirt you like from American Apparel.  I don't know how much you want to spend, though.  They've got pretty much all the stuff I recommended.  For tops, Amazon is nice, mostly because they've got good stuff at a low price, so you can experiment quite a bit.
  •