Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Coming to terms

Started by TERRYM, April 07, 2007, 08:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TERRYM

Hi ;

Well I like to  start of with this comment / Just being here a short time I do feel at home, almost all the girls here have something in common, But there is more to it for myself because the tales and the support you give to each other that what I have missed, it so nice to find an understanding forum where a girl can be herself. Thank you.
Getting back to my point of Coming to terms , As for myself I guest I,am like most of the lady here been dressing almost from my begining and that is long time I ,am well over 60 an also a widower, with to much time on my hands ,but for the last few years my desire to dress as become a big part of me , My dressing does help me forget the bad ,when I dress everything just seem so much enjoyable to me ,is that just me ???, but during that time I  do become the person who is inside and trying real hard to open the door. And is like coming to terms.
There is one area that trouble me I can,t being myself to hurt anyone ,So many would be suprised ,.and then again some would not .We  all have to deal with things . This is one of mine.

My love to all you lovely ladies.
Terrym xxxxx
  •  

HelenW

Would you be hurting them, Terry, or would they be hurting themselves with their negative judgments and blaming it on you?

As much as I can relate to the guilt of making loved ones feel uncomfortable and upset with my decision to live authentically, I try to remember that their emotions are based on their own attitudes and beliefs, and that I am not responsible for them.

hugs & smiles
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Louise

Terry,

Welcome to Susans.  While each of us is different we have many similar experiences that we can share with one another.  I am also in the over-60 crowd, and while I have been a crossdresser as long as I can remember, I really only started dressing regularly and acquiring a feminine wardrobe of my own when I was in my 50's.  Like you, one of the things that held me back from expressing my inner self was the fear of rejection by my family.  I told my wife about my crossdressing about ten years ago and she has been very supportive, but I have never told my children (three grown children, all living away from home).  The kids are all very open-minded but in some way it would hurt my wife if they found out.

Louise
  •  

gina_taylor

Very nice post Terry. As for me with coming to terms, I went through that around three years ago, and that was also the time that I had decided to stop purging, and just let things be. I have had to make some adjustments in my life, but it's only been for the better.  :icon_geekdance:

Gina  :icon_biggrin:
  •