Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Against Me! Singer Shows Off Her Closet on MTV's 'House of Style'

Started by Shana A, December 20, 2012, 07:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Against Me! Singer Shows Off Her Closet on MTV's 'House of Style'
Transgender punk-rocker embraces her newfound fashion sense

By Rolling Stone   
December 20, 2012 3:00 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/against-me-singer-shows-off-her-closet-on-mtvs-house-of-style-20121220

Against Me!'s transgender frontwoman Laura Jane Grace is featured on the latest episode of MTV's fashion-inclined documentary program House of Style. Filmed in her St. Augustine, Florida, home, Grace talks family, punk rock and the transition to wearing women's clothing.

[...]

On House of Style, Grace curates her closet, which she shares with her wife, Heather. She explains a black Mossimo dress from Target to host Joan Smalls: "When you're younger and you're trans . . . you're so nervous when you go into a store, and it's about what's the first thing you see when no one's looking and you can put in your cart and get away with."

Grace also shows off a pair of high-end boots she recently wore onstage. "I think my feet were bleeding after I got offstage," she says, "but I looked fantastic, so that's all that mattered."
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•