Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I wanted to share some writing!!!

Started by jonjon, January 11, 2007, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonjon

ok... something most you guys dont know here is that i have one published book! However! things change and i've been thinking about modifying the story lots lately... i just had some trouble picking up an imagination boost and had trouble putting what i wanted onto paper!

But now, i seem to have gotten into the swing of things again and i'm on a roll! I mostly write about vampires, my book is about vampires and what i'm about to present you with is an extract from the 2nd chapter i've got up to so far. It is detailed and i dont think for the faint hearted. But here goes guys!!

12:15am and it's no longer my birthday.
   I lay staring at the neon numbers glowing in the dark on my radio. The wind was howling outside. There was a strong gust, then a loud bang, then nothing. Silence, as if someone had pushed the pause button to life itself.
   Then, out of no where a scream shuddered through the orphanage. It was short, but seemed to last forever in my head. It must have been one of the nun's. There were more loud bangs as if heavy objects were being thrown around downstairs. Are we being burgled?
   I quickly sat up and ran for my door. The noises continued and another scream followed by crying. That was one of the other kids! I have a really bad feeling about this.
   Outside my door the hallway was in pitch darkness. The stairs toward the end was lit up with a warm glowing yellow. Yet the screams and cries that came from beyond were far from warm. A shiver ran right down my spine and I froze. The nausea ran right from the pit of my stomach and hit me at the back of my throat. I thought I was going to throw up. My whole body tightened up and I couldn't move. I stared at that yellowy warmth at the end of the hall that sounded like the very opening to hell itself.
   If I lock myself in my room, I'll be safe. Nothing can get me. I can hide under my sheets and pretend I'm not here. And then what? Regret this day for the rest of my life, remembering I played chicken-wuss while the rest of this houses resident's suffered? I could go give myself up down there and die like the rest of them so I won't ever have to remember this day. Or, I could be a man and fight and try to save those people down there.
   Cut it out, I ain't no hero. I'm just a 15 year old kid... With a gun. I quickly ran back into my room and searched for the gun underneath my pillow. My fingers finally found the cold steel and I quickly tucked the gun down the back of my pyjama bottoms in the small of my back, the handle of the gun rested on the rim of my bottoms.
   Is this... Is this why I have the gun? Did someone predict this or something? But why... Me?
   >-bleeped-< this! I don't have time to think about that now! I'm the only one who can stop this right now!
   I ran along the hall to the top of the stairs and I had to pause. In the light it looked far worse than I even imagined. Fresh blood dripped down the yellow-tinted walls at the bottom of the stairs. In the pool of it all one of the nun's, Sarah, laid lifelessly on the floor. Her head fell awkwardly as if the bones in her neck had been severely broken. Her black and white uniform was drenched in her own blood as it dripped down from her neck. Her left hand was rested in her lap, her wrist stuck out at an awkward angle also. Her lifeless eyes stared endlessly onto the floor, filled with fear; her last expression.
   I couldn't look anymore. This sickly feeling overtook my body. It kinda felt like travel sickness, as if the nausea were running through my veins so rapidly, any sudden movement and I'd be having my guts up everywhere.
   Why is this happening? Who's doing this? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could almost feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I shook them away and continued down the stairs. Though, I guess my body wasn't expecting to move because the first step forward and I found myself tumbling down the stairs with nothing to stop me but the floor at the bottom. I have adrenaline to thank for helping me not feel a thing. But boy, am I gonna feel that in the morning.
   I landed right next to Sarah. Immediately I closed my eyes and turned my head away. "Ew."
   Shaking my head, I found my feet and stood back up, restoring my balance.  And right in front of me, in the dining hall beyond, laid a carpet of dead, bloodied bodies of all the children and nun's I shared my life with.
   The stench of blood hit me so strong it brought everything up. There goes the cake. Anna, I'm so sorry, hopefully you saved me a little extra.
Please check out my vampire novel project!

https://www.facebook.com/thickerthanbloodproject?ref=bookmarks

Please like, follow, share and support! :D
  •