Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Underwired or just plain

Started by Catherine, October 17, 2006, 04:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine

I know its a subjective thing but has anyone got any views on Bras ? Are underwired better for shape ?
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Catherine on October 17, 2006, 04:05:13 AM
I know its a subjective thing but has anyone got any views on Bras ? Are underwired better for shape ?

Yes indeed Catherine, it's a mater of personal preference.

Personally I prefer padded under-wire bras.  They give me the support I need and they are comfortable for me to wear.  While I comfortably fit an 'A' cup and due to my small body size, I doubt that I will get any bigger :(  I do known that some woman steer away from under-wires as if the fit isn't quite right the wires do tend to 'dig in'.

Steph
  •  

Dennis

Oooh, ouch. Thank you for making me grateful I've had chest surgery.

I once had an underwire snap and stab me in the middle of a lawyers' cocktail party. When I got to the bathroom to inspect the damage, I was bleeding through my white shirt. That was back in the days when I was trying to conform. Ties are nuthin compared to that.

Dennis
  •  

Catherine

Quote from: Steph on October 17, 2006, 05:13:59 AM
Quote from: Catherine on October 17, 2006, 04:05:13 AM

Yes indeed Catherine, it's a mater of personal preference.

Personally I prefer padded under-wire bras.  They give me the support I need and they are comfortable for me to wear.  While I comfortably fit an 'A' cup and due to my small body size, I doubt that I will get any bigger :(  I do known that some woman steer away from under-wires as if the fit isn't quite right the wires do tend to 'dig in'.

Steph

I find that an underwire gives a much better shape. But I have read that they are not particularly good for you if worn all the time. Is this correct or just folklore ??
  •  

Melissa

I prefer the same as Steph.  They just seem to be more comfortable.

Melissa
  •  

LostInTime

My fave is the Vasserette underwire bras with the front closure.  However, I do have a couple that do not have an underwire and do not see that much of a difference as far as size and shape goes.  I wore padded bras during the worst of my growth spurts and have since ditched them.

YMMV and all that.
  •  

nonie

I liked underwire better...  Better shape and the felt like they gave more support.  If they dig in you may just be wearing the wrong size, so anything you get, be totally sure it's the right cup size.  People often get too small a cup and too big an inch measurement.  I was totally fem for a long time so I experimented with tons of types of bras and vastly preffered them underwired and lined, demi cup style, with a racerback or convertible-strap if possible so the straps wouldn't fall down.  Read up on sizing and fit, try sites for women's magazines like O or Cosmo maybe.

If you have a GAP Body in your town's mall, go there, they often have really awesome stuff on clearance (I would get $40 bras for $15 all the time)  and have more variety and are in general a lot nicer-looking than Victoria's Secret, and better fitting than the stuff in deparment sotres.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Mikko on October 18, 2006, 11:57:16 AM
...and have more variety and are in general a lot nicer-looking than Victoria's Secret, and better fitting than the stuff in deparment sotres.
I've heard the stuff from Victoria's secret is usually junk.

Melissa
  •  

nonie

Quote from: Melissa on October 18, 2006, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: Mikko on October 18, 2006, 11:57:16 AM
...and have more variety and are in general a lot nicer-looking than Victoria's Secret, and better fitting than the stuff in deparment sotres.
I've heard the stuff from Victoria's secret is usually junk.

Melissa

Yeah, it is.  It's ugly, overpriced, and falls apart really fast.  It's made with low-quality materials and you get things like the outer layer shrinking in the wash while the inner layer doesn't, so the bra gets all wrinkly and you can't fix it.  This has happened with 3 bras I got there, different years and models, they're just bad all around, and I know it's not how I do my wash cuz my bras from everywhere else are fine.  Victoria's Secret sucks, don't buy there.

You can, however, go there and have a salesperson size you, and try on different sizes, cuz they'll wait outside your stall and bring you anything you want.  Just don't feel like that means you have to actually buy something.
  •  

Louise

Since I do not have much in the way of natural breasts (AAAA  ???), I use breastforms to fill out a B cup bra.  I have heard that you should use an underwire with breastforms to give them the proper support, so I wear underwire.  Most of my bras are not expensive--for underwear I shop the discount stores exclusively.

My wife who is a natural B cup absolutely hates underwire bras and considers them to be a form of cruel and inhumane torture.
  •  

lolli

I went and had a bra fitting ekk!!!, at a store in town, so at least I am wearing the right bras.
I like underwire for comfort.
But I live in sports bras as they offer me more support for my workouts.   
  •  

Melinda

Used to prefer underwired bras because they offer more support, I fill a 34-B cup quite easily with no forms and no tape.  I bought a hanes sports bra-back closure, that is a soft cup and it supports just fine.   used to have a few VS bras, and yea they really shrink and look bad after a few washings-but I have 1 that is still a favorite its the balconette bra with the gel inserts unfortunately though I seem to over fill those cups now and that looks bad similar to saloon girls in corsets that push up and out. 

Stay away from cheap ebay bras in bulk, unless you know the brand very well they are junk as well.
  •  

Bombi

under wire works best to give a niece feminine shape and padded is good to to help with presenting the illusion your looking for. Luv, Bombi
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

tinkerbell

Nothing!  >:D  Just kidding...LOL  ;D

Before the breast fairy (Cindi, I can't get over this one  :D) was kind to me, I used to wear underwired but nowadays it is just plain.  If you have implants, please, don't ever wear underwired bras, for they hurt and leave marks on your boobies.  ;)

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Brianna

I rather like being small breasted. It comforting to know they will stay perky and cute forever.

I like underwire bras. That said, I switched to a different primary estrogen today to see if I can get more growth. Maybe they will be unnecasary then.

Brilala
  •  

Danielle_oc_ca

Naturally I am an AA and will be A in about a month. So I generally wear some artificial enhancement. As for underwire, I find I cannot get comfortable in an underwired bra. All the ones I find comfortable and wear regularly are without underwire. I lose a little definition, but the comfort difference makes it worthwhile for me.

Danielle
  •  

Julie Marie

I prefer underwire.  Right now, that's all I own.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: Tink on March 15, 2007, 09:18:46 PM
Nothing!  >:D  Just kidding...LOL  ;D

Before the breast fairy (Cindi, I can't get over this one  :D) was kind to me, I used to wear underwired but nowadays it is just plain.  If you have implants, please, don't ever wear underwired bras, for they hurt and leave marks on your boobies.  ;)

tink :icon_chick:

Noted. I will be prepared for this possibility.
  •  

Cindi Jones

Carefree and unrestricted... none!  ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •