Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

LGBT youth group

Started by Joe., January 01, 2013, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe.

Every week I go to an LGBT youth group. I have opened up to a couple of members that I am trans and would be preffered to be known as Joey and that later this year I hope to start transitioning. However, the group has about an average of 13 members and 3 leaders. Every week we do an opening round where you say your name and the topic for that week (e.g. your favourite colour). When we return after new year I want to say Hi, my name's Joey and blah blah blah. I don't want people to ask questions in the opening round in front of everyone, I'd rather talk to them personally as I get anxious in social situations anyway. Should I annouce that I'm trans before the opening round then go into our names, or should I try and tell everyone individually whilst everyone's arriving? (We have about 45 minutes to have a general chat amongst ourselves before the group starts.) I've never had to do this before and I'm scared. Also, I got myself a binder type thing and I want to wear it there, however, I don't want my parents to know that I've got one yet so I need to take it with me and change in the toilets but that will mean taking a bag which will make them suspicious anyway. I'm not sure what to do about the whole thing. It seems minor but this will be a major step for me. Thanks in advance.
Joey
  •