Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Symphonic Metal

Started by AlexxToDream, January 08, 2013, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexxToDream

Since a few asked what symphonic metal was, I thought I would share and enlighten about the delightful genre. Its a blend of opera vocals and rock or metal musical base sometimes including orchestracial additions. They usually sing about stories and legends and have a general moral meaning to each song. Its a rather popular genre in Europe and is usually accompanied by the genre gothic metal and sometimes black metal, industrial metal, or industrial black metal.

Here's an example of an English singing German-Norwegian band called Leaves' Eyes with the song "Elegy
Beauty is in the eye of the Beast.
  •  

big kim

So I'm not the only fan here! Nightwish,Within Temptation,Delain  and Xandria are my favourites
  •  

AlexxToDream

@big kim Ah! Yes, it is good music, no? I like Tarja's new music but I wish she still was with Nightwish
  •  

wave

•  

big kim

I like Tarja's solo work but Nightwish have still made great music without her.I hope Floor stays with them.
  •  

AlexxToDream

@big kim Ja, they're still good but I guess it just doesn't seem the same without her, you know? But I was a fan from near the start so that might be why I feel that way. And I hope they loose no more members. They have a good line up.
  •