Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Re: Finally found something to keep patch on

Started by Peggiann, December 16, 2005, 06:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggiann

Leah was switched to cream form of HRT because the patch wouldn't stay on either. The cream is more expensive, but she seems to absorb it better. So I guess the trade offs better.

Peggiann
  •  

Kimberly

For what little it is worth, I've found that the positioning of the patches is everything in regards to getting them to stay put.
  •  

Cindy_Jones

I have found that various brands stick much better or much worse. I don't like the estraderm one as it is plasticy and the alcohol in the patch irritates my skin more. It doesn't stick and bend as well as others. Vivalle is thiner and sticks better with less irritation. It is kind of rubbery. Sorry I don't remember all the diffrent ones I have tried,( I hope I didn't get these names mixed up)and cannot spell good, but my favorite of all is the Ortho Evra patch it sticks great. Never ever fell off. It is thin and the color matches my skin well. I have used it when swiming, hot tub, showering, etc. I do though get a rash at the site where it was applied which gets itchy, but the rash problem is not as bad as with other brands.

I have used creames both esrogen and progestin. And mixtures of each. I like the Premarin cream best. But I like patches as the dosage is constant and I don't have to do anything.

Hope this is of some use to someone,
Cindy
:)
  •