Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Beloved snacks you will never be able to eat again

Started by Jamie D, January 09, 2013, 02:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/beloved-snacks-you-ll-never-be-able-to-eat-again-163919688.html

These foods and drinks used to grace the pantry shelves of many American households. But their glory days have passed, and now these items are discontinued.

A recent >-bleeped-< thread explored the items that people are the most nostalgic for, and we decided to do our own research on some beloved lost brands.

Some soda varieties just didn't click. There are also lost fast food and snack items. A certain discontinued flavor of Doritos has people especially upset.

How many do you remember?
  •  

King Malachite

I remember the cheese balls, wonderballs, oreo o's, butterfinger BB's, BK chicken fries, the toast crunch cereal....

Ok I'm getting hungry....
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Jamie D

I loved Jello Pudding Pops!   :(

And these drinks too (not on the list):

•  

Cindy

Well I looked at the first two pages and thought, YUK.

But any country that thinks toasted marshmallows on peanut butter is a treat is very very dodgy :laugh:
  •  

crazy at the coast

These lovely little things that Conagra discontinued after they bought the company. They were great with regular doritos and cream cheese.

•  

spacial

I have a problem.

Since I was old enough to stop throwing up, I've eaten baked beans. not all the time, but it's one of those backups for when you need somehting more on the plate. I have always kept a couple of tins in the back of the cupboard.

Now, with all this health stuff, the companies have produced a version that they claim is reduced salt and sugar.

Just shared a tin of these and they are disgusting. The taste of Saccharine is even now wafting around my mouth like a evil spirit.
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

I miss root bear(extra salt version mainly) and tounge twister ice cream.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •  

peky

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on January 09, 2013, 02:45:25 AM
Well I looked at the first two pages and thought, YUK.

But any country that thinks toasted marshmallows on peanut butter is a treat is very very dodgy :laugh:

VEGEMITE!  (yuck)
  •  

Cindy

•  

Constance

Cindy

•  

Kevin Peña

Just be glad you still have actual food. Geez, you never know just how lucky you are unless you've starved before. Trust me, it's not fun.
  •  

aleon515

I was in the UK two summers ago. For breakfast most of the places had Nutella. So I was looking for some one morning and I asked a lady if they had any more. "No, but we have some Marmite". Seriously?

--Jay
  •  

EmmaMcAllister

I really wish they still made Real Ghostbusters. Nostalgic childhood pleasure.

Started HRT in October, 2014. Orchiectomy in August, 2015. Full-time in July, 2016!

If you need an understanding ear, feel free to PM me.
  •  

Constance

Quote from: DianaP on January 14, 2013, 07:05:15 PM
Just be glad you still have actual food. Geez, you never know just how lucky you are unless you've starved before. Trust me, it's not fun.
I once fed a family of four for a week on rice, a box of stuffing mix, and iceberg lettuce. Does that count?

Felix

I've seen generic cheez balls at Rite Aid, fwiw. Haven't even tried any of the other stuff on that site. Orbitz however are wonderful and I'd buy them if they were still around. I do eat vegemite on toast occasionally. Also sometimes use it in place of soy sauce when cooking.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: DianaP on January 14, 2013, 07:05:15 PM

No, it's not, I've been there.. I also don't feel the need to mention it all the time.

Quote from: Felix on January 15, 2013, 10:02:10 AM
I've seen generic cheez balls at Rite Aid, fwiw. Haven't even tried any of the other stuff on that site. Orbitz however are wonderful and I'd buy them if they were still around. I do eat vegemite on toast occasionally. Also sometimes use it in place of soy sauce when cooking.

I mostly use vegemite for cooking..
  •  

Felix

Ya vegemite is also good for adding savory to soups and stews. And if you cut it with water you can use it to coat kale or nuts before roasting.
everybody's house is haunted
  •