Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Public lavatories to become "gender neutral"

Started by MadelineB, February 17, 2013, 02:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadelineB

Public lavatories to become "gender neutral"
By Victoria Ward
5:31PM GMT 17 Feb 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9876127/Public-lavatories-to-become-gender-neutral.html

A city council has scrapped male and female public lavatories in favour of "gender neutral" facilities so as not to alienate the transgender community.

The move was described as "political correctness gone barmy" by opponents who warned that the vast majority would prefer to use single sex loos.

Brighton and Hove City Council disclosed in emails that it wished to promote the term "gender neutral" and build facilities which are open to all, regardless of sex. They believe such facilities will be more accessible for those who do not identify with the male-female binary.

The block, will include four new lavatories and a café. Images depicting a man, a woman and a child will be fitted to the doors.

The move follows the establishment of a working group to examine issues faced by transgender residents in the city.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

Beth Andrea

i think it's about time that humanity grows up. Sheesh...we're all just going to the bathroom, right?

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Flan

Quote from: Beth Andrea on February 17, 2013, 02:36:30 PM
i think it's about time that humanity grows up. Sheesh...we're all just going to the bathroom, right?
Pretty much yeah. The usual voices against "family" (gender neutral) restrooms are usually the type paranoid over crime and allege trans people to be criminals; as if a real criminal is going to care about what the placard outside a restroom says when choosing a victim.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Are they gonna have all of them, or just gender-neutral bathrooms?
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

The only downside to gender neutral I can think of, is male bodies tend to be capable of exploiting a urinal option with great speed.

If you don't need a toilet and just need a urinal, well not having urinals means you can only use a toilet.

And it is not like you can have some urinals and then a batch of toilets and not offend the females.

Then again, I find speed to only matter in theatres. Because when the film end, suddenly you have a few hundred bladders to cope with. On those occasions, having a male anatomy is actually a bonus. I've seen a process rate in men's rooms that the ladies rooms can't hope to equal.

And all toilets is essentially just a ladies room. If they make them all separate rooms, it is just an inefficient use of building space.
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

rexyrex

It ok if it was a single room. no rant

But if it for a big toilets then i wouldnt, i sort of been into one once before it a long time ago, and most of the stalls were used and ladys were waitting outside taking up space and hanging out which i dont like the idea of, and the fact there was free urinals and wont use it. As there are far to many disrespectful kids out there nower days?

I have seen a few unsex big toilets around now and then but i wont go into one, also i dont get it, girls use the men and have no problems but when men go into girls theres a huge problem so why now?

There is a lot of shy bladder people and not all cis-men like to use a urinal.
  •