Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hair!!!

Started by Cassie86, January 30, 2013, 07:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassie86

Hello Everyone,

My name is Cassie and Im just starting my transition. I have gotten my letter to start HRT but money is tight right now so I can't afford to go to my doctor just yet. But I have a question related to Rogaine. I have very thin hair at the crown of my scalp so I wanted to start using Rogaine. So I went to the store to get some and was reading the back of a box for Men's Rogaine because I thought that would be the one I need to use but I came across a section that says that if women use it there a chemical that interacts with female hormones and can cause hair loss. So naturally I put it down a read the Woman's Rogaine box and it says it wont have any affect on an mans hair. I have been asking around for months trying to get an answer but no one seems to be able to help me so thats what brings me here. Do I use the Men's or Woman's Rogaine once I start HRT.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Your's Truly,
Cassie
  •  

KayCeeDee

I would think spiro is cheaper and gives the same effect?
  •  

Lara1969

I am not a doctor but as far as I can say there it works for many people. My mother uses Rogaine for men since a few years and it works for her. I just started using it so I do not see any effects until today. I would suggest to use it and ask your doctor which prescribes the hormones for any side effects.

Lara
Happy girl from queer capital Berlin
  •  

sandrauk

I started HRT six months ago. I got good results with the womens rogain but then tried the mens and I'm noticing some shedding. I'm going to dilute the mens 50/50 with water and carry on like that
  •