News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you eating (Ver. 2.0)

Started by Jamie D, February 07, 2013, 01:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Quote from: Pleasingly Plump Jamie D on February 23, 2013, 02:12:27 AM
Baked potato with butter, sour cream, bacon bits, and fresh ground black pepper and anything else I can get my grimy hands on, better hide ya childrens!!!

Just kidding, giving PPJD a poke in the ribs  :icon_poke:  I'mma baaaaaad girl

I'm having A pork chop with cheesey mashed potatoes and beans
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Did I mistakenly post in the "Cannibalism" topic??   ;)
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Mohini

I make many things from scratch... like homemade fresh white buns with raspberry preserves! :D Dee-licious!
  •  

V M

A bag of rather hot and spicy rolled tortilla chips they were giving away at the store

They are coated with hot peppers and lime  :o  Yes, my mouth is on fire in a rather tropical way  8)

- V M
  •  

Jennygirl

Two avocados, brown/wild rice mix, mixed greens, steamed kale, cilantro, 2 eggs over medium, 1 chopped sauteed jalapeno, tomato, 20sec worth of crushed pepper, dash of salt, dash of sesame seeds, crushed cayenne, and a heap of veganaise (my weakness). All thrown into a gigantic bowl, cut and tossed. Served with blue corn chips

I call it... Guacamole salad :D
  •  

V M

Corned beef with cabbage and red potatoes, carrots and onions made in my crock pot  :)  First attempt at it, came out most excellent

Happy St. Patrick's all

- V M
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: V M on March 18, 2013, 12:59:01 AM
Corned beef with cabbage and red potatoes, carrots and onions made in my crock pot  :)  First attempt at it, came out most excellent

Happy St. Patrick's all

My roommate made the same and shared! It was delicious! Happy St Patty's :D
  •  

Devlyn

Little cinnamon doughnuts, they're tiny, so I can eat as many as I want!
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: V M on March 18, 2013, 12:59:01 AM

Happy St. Patrick's all

I ate mine on Saturday and slept through the real deal, but thanks and yay for first time success!  Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sweet_Steffy_Bee

Probably about to have some fruit. Yea, typing this is making it happen! Fruit is so yum!!
Just another girl screaming to be herself.
  •  

V M

Fish tacos and potato wedges  :)

Living so far inland, finding decent seafood can be a challenge, but I can get a variety of these fish packets for pretty cheap ($1.25)  Enough for one person and pretty good

A couple of tortillas, some cheese and a salsa fresca of your liking and some potato wedges and you've got a rather tasty and healthy dinner that costs you less than your average fast food slop  8)

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Chicken enchiladas made with monterey jack cheese, red onions, diced jalapenos, in corn tortillas, and topped with a green tomatillo sauce.

Muy excelente

@V M - you are right!  Those frozen fish packets are great for making Baja fish tacos.  One 4 oz package will make enough for two grilled fish tacos.  I buy tilapia, flounder, and sole, when I can find them.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 19, 2013, 07:14:22 PM
Little cinnamon doughnuts, they're tiny, so I can eat as many as I want!

I am on a diet.  I can only eat the donut holes.  >:(
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jamie D on March 24, 2013, 01:55:04 AM
I am on a diet.  I can only eat the donut holes.  >:(

Great news! I saved 'em for ya!

I'm getting ready to have leftover spaghetti. Show of hands, who else thinks it's better the next day?
  •  

Shantel

Have two chickens in the countertop roaster with lots of broth and rice in the rice cooker, we'll have chicken and rice with gravy tonight, a few days of chicken sandwiches later on and then chicken enchiladas in the days to come.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 24, 2013, 03:58:40 PM
Great news! I saved 'em for ya!

I'm getting ready to have leftover spaghetti. Show of hands, who else thinks it's better the next day?

The sauce, yes.  More time for the flavors to blend.  And the re-heating can intensify the caramelization or Maillard reaction.

Along the same if-you-wait-it-will-come thinking, I made a marinaded four-bean salad on Friday, and got it out for dinner tonight.

Can of red kidney beans
Can of cut green beans
Can of garbanzo bean
Can of yellow wax beans
(all drained and rinsed)

Add to that some diced red bell pepper and thin-sliced red onion.  (I threw in some diced jalapeno, but I'm a little nuts)

Dress with a vinaigrette made of red wine vinegar and sugar (or sugar substitute, like Splenda), and a little bit of grapeseed oil.  Sprinkle in some celery seed.  S&P tt.  Let it sit in your fridge at least overnight.

I should put this in vegetarian cooking!
  •  

Jamie D

Tonight I made a main course salad for dinner.

On a bed of mixed salad greens, comprised of butter lettuce, radicchio, endive, escarole, arugula, and baby spinach, I added some sliced and segmented Cara Cara naval orange segments, thinly sliced red onion, ripe avocado slices, and sliced fresh strawberries.  I made a cilantro, lime juice and orange honey vinaigrette to go with it.

On the side I had some sliced broiled skinless chicken breasts, which had been marinated in a citrus juice and honey marinade.

This is a good example of California cuisine.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jamie D on April 05, 2013, 10:15:24 PM
Tonight I made a main course salad for dinner.

On a bed of mixed salad greens, comprised of butter lettuce, radicchio, endive, escarole, arugula, and baby spinach, I added some sliced and segmented Cara Cara naval orange segments, thinly sliced red onion, ripe avocado slices, and sliced fresh strawberries.  I made a cilantro, lime juice and orange honey vinaigrette to go with it.

On the side I had some sliced broiled skinless chicken breasts, which had been marinated in a citrus juice and honey marinade.

This is a good example of California cuisine.

Wow that sounds very creative and yummy, will you adopt me and when can I move in?  ;D
  •  

Jamie D

Adopt?  You are already my "auntie"!!!!  ;)
  •