Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How to transition without hormones or surgery

Started by Cai, September 22, 2016, 01:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cai

I am a 16 year old female to male transgender, and I have a stereotypical female body (mid-sized boobs and hips and whatnot) but (luckily) a fairly androgynous face (depending on my hairstyle). My family is not the most supportive of transgender people, so I have not come out to them. I really want to transition without any hormones or surgery; I would like to (if it's possible) transition with diet and exercise, to change my body shape to look more like a man's body.

As in broaden my shoulders and arms and lose the frikin' boobs. Maybe develop a muscular chest.

So I need help. I looked online for natural transitioning, and there was this book on it, but for obvious reasons, I can't buy it. I basically have to figure out a way to transition to a more masculine body type all by myself. *sigh* All I want to do is to be able to pass as a male in my underwear. In other words, I don't just want to pass by using binders and special shirts. I want to be able to look in the mirror naked and see a male body that happens to have girl parts down there. Like, without a binder. Or a shirt.

And I don't even know if this is possible. Is it? Or is it just some far fetched dream?

Would somebody please help me?
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. I suspect what you are asking isn't possible. If you have very small breast, it might be possible with weight training but as you mention medium size, I suspect not. With clothing, voice work and a hair cut, it's often possible to pass as a younger boy. We have other members in the FTM section of the site who use this approach while wait to start testosterone.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

BirlPower

Female bodybuilders don't look much different from their male counterparts. It's a pretty extreme physical training regime and I'm sure most of them use steroids (Testorterone or something similar) but without the medical supervision. You could try the training regime and diet of a female bodybuilder without the steroids. It'll take a lot of your time. Please don't take steroids without a doctor involved.

Good luck with whatever you do.

B
  •  

kings joker

I would agree with both of the other commenters. What you are suggesting goes against your biological abilities. Diet and exercise can give you a more muscular appearance but you would need to be in the 10% body fat range in order to get rid of feminine curves and your breast may never get smaller. What you can hope for is that your pectoral muscles start to overtake your breasts but they will still be there. Again this is a very extreme body achievement. It would takes years of 365 body building and diet planning.
If you are choosing this more natural route due to living at home or being under your family financial care, I would suggest waiting till you are older (i.e. 18+) in order to make your own legal decisions or find a way to separate your financial dependence. There are ways to qualify for free health care and depending on what state you live in, it can cover trans-health. A friend of mine receives free T and checkup/blood work from the state of MA.
  •  

Kylo

Quote from: Cai on September 22, 2016, 01:24:46 PM
And I don't even know if this is possible. Is it? Or is it just some far fetched dream?

Male and female bodies look the shape they do because of hormones. Just look at post-HRT images of transmen and see the difference in what it does to the shape by redistributing fat to a male pattern. It comes off the butt, thighs and to some extent the chest, and the T tells the body to up the latent muscle mass. It's going to be very difficult to get anywhere near a male physique if you're not running on male 'fuel'. Female athletes can get closer to looking more male but still look undeniably female, and unless you plan on that kind of activity level, it's pretty much impossible without the hormones at least. It's going to be a lot of work and the end result will still mean you look more female than not.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •