Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

LGBT Why hadnt i been there before?

Started by Shannon1979, February 14, 2013, 04:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannon1979

Hi Had a great day. Having had a whirlwind few weeks, Joining Susans place, Starting my open uninversity course, Finishing my group therapy (tomorrow) and coming out to certain people. I decided that i would go to my local LGBT centre and have a chat with them about my gender identity. They where very helpfull and friendly. I got information on refferal to Notts gender clinic to get a proper diagnosis and discuss my option as regardes GRS hormones and such. They also invited me to join a group for transgender people witch looks really good. We got on so well even though i was there in male clothes at the time. He even asked me if i would like to do some volunteer work for them as my experience with working in a group therapy setting even as a patient, was exactly what they needed. Im so happy this will give me the chance to get out there as Shannon more, and in a work situation of sorts. It's also a really good way of building my confidence around people. :angel: ;D
Mountains can only be summounted by winding paths. And my path certainly has taken a few twists and turns.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

nice, I like this, I will try and get involved in a few places once I move to San Francisco.

Glad you are able to be Shannon more.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •