Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hysto recovery

Started by Radar, February 06, 2013, 09:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Well, after spending 2 years trying to find a local gyno who would work with me I finally found one. His office contacted my insurance and got it approved. He's worked with transmen before and knew how to code everything. The fact I'm still F on my insurance, have had past problems, my family history and my age helped push it through easily.

If all goes well I'll be having a lap total hysto at the end of April. I've already talked to him about many things but I'd like to hear from you guys on things I might expect while recovering. I've already talked to him about bladder & ligament issues but he said with this robot the bladder ligaments don't have to be cut.

What was healing like afterwards? What things should I look out for? Using this robot seems MUCH less intrusive and taxing on the body than top surgery. Did anyone find this to be true? Also, this might sound dumb, but can you sort of feel like nothing's there anymore? Sort of like you have more space (which technically you do)?

I'm so excited about this. Perhaps even more than I was with my top surgery. I've HATED these organs since I first learned about them as a child and wanted them GONE. It was abnormal and they shouldn't be there to begin with. I won't even go into the grief they've given me. Now, after about 28 years, my dream will come true and they'll soon be gone!

I'm going to see my endo next week and ask about this, but I've heard time and time again that after a total hysto your body won't need as much T so the dose can be lowered. Is this the norm? If you needed less T was it a substantial difference? Please DON'T reveal your doses to me, I'd just like the generic answers.

Thanks everyone for your help.
"In this one of many possible worlds, all for the best, or some bizarre test?
It is what it is—and whatever.
Time is still the infinite jest."
  •  

mm

Radar, great you making good progress in getting a hyster. I want one, but am only 23 and have no problem except for bads cramps every month.  I hope you get yours soon.
  •