Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Quick weight loss ?

Started by emoboi, February 15, 2011, 11:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emoboi

I really wanna lose 5 lbs I've put on and fast its just really uncomfortable for me. I know I should quit eating so much and not eat junk food. Maybe I could exercise also...
Spoopy poopie
  •  

Miniar

Eat healthy and get exercise and quit obsessing over lbs.
You are not too heavy!

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

spacepilot

You look slim in your profile picture. Just saying :)

If you want to lose weight the healthiest way, and make as much of the loss body fat as opposed to muscle then you're going to need a combination of calorie counting and exercise. To lose 1 pound a week you need a 500 calorie deficit every day, meaning by next month you'll have lost the 5lbs.

Here is a website that I used to count calories while losing weight, and I still use it to help me maintain.
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate
  •  

emoboi

I'd have to like eat about 1500 calories even though I've been eating a lot more than that recently that still seems like a lot to me. I should really start exercising but it's hard to be motivated.
Spoopy poopie
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: aremwellness on November 15, 2012, 08:30:29 AM
hey, for the quick weight loss go for the liposuction mechanism. its really working, i have seen best results at liposuction.

OK, what's your commission?   ;)
  •  

PHXGiRL

Cut the out all carbs and you'll cut weight fast. You need to exercise too atleast 30 minutes a day. Watch your calorie intake as well try and stay under 1100.
  •  

RedFox

Actually, most male-bodied people (mtf pre-op) with any muscle on should have a calorie intake of 1500 calories daily at a minimum.  Anything less than that can put your body into starvation mode which causes it to hold onto fat.  Unless you plan on fasting (which is a whole other topic), don't starve yourself or cut the calories too much - people often end up binging or yo-yo-ing by trying that.

The healthiest way to lose weight is a healthy diet (all natural fruits, veggies, and lean meats and count calories until you learn to eye-ball it) combined with lots of exercise.  Ideally some weight training and a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week.

Personally, I struggle to lose weight but I'm finally seeing it come off through lots of hard work.  I eat a vegetarian diet, about 1800 calories daily, low-carbs, and I did fairly intense cardio for 2-4 hours a day.  For a while there I thought I was actually defying the laws of physics as the weight was so slow to come off.  Turns out it was just the muscle building up as the fat came off.  Thankfully the majority of my workouts are lower body and core training so I'm building definition in almost all the right places as the fat melts away.  Now I just need a better butt.

Good luck!  For inspiration I use photos of female hardbodies.  There are a few facebook sites that host those by female fitness buffs.  The good ones are pretty motivating.

•  

beabela

Hi, this discussion just motivated me to get off the couch and go running. Repetitions of this, plus perhaps an HCG diet, are my plan for the next 45 days as I'm trying to lose about 10 lbs. So this is the start. I'll keep you posted. Hugs, Beatrice
  •  

MeghanAndrews

Don't encourage emoboi to lose weight, trust me. I'm glad this is an old post. Emo, if you see this, if this was new I was going to strange you ;)
  •  

beabela

Oh Meghan, now I see that too. No my intention is not to get emoboy to lose more weight, but I enjoyed the recent posts about calories per day etc. I guess it's a perennial topic. In any case, I DID go have a good run/walk. I will see Dr. O again in January in SF for a checkup and am betting my pride that I can lose a few pounds until then. Hugs, Beatrice
  •  

RedFox

Wow.. I hadn't even looked at the dates from the OP.  So assume they lost the 5 pounds?   :laugh:

•  

MeghanAndrews

Quote from: beabela on November 24, 2012, 04:16:47 PM
Oh Meghan, now I see that too. No my intention is not to get emoboy to lose more weight, but I enjoyed the recent posts about calories per day etc. I guess it's a perennial topic. In any case, I DID go have a good run/walk. I will see Dr. O again in January in SF for a checkup and am betting my pride that I can lose a few pounds until then. Hugs, Beatrice
I'm the same way you are, Beatrice, I'm pretty diligent about my caloric intake. I'm really trying to focus on the health components of food, like fish and leafy greens (can you tell I'm taking a nutrition class, lol) but I end up just counting calories and doing cardio to maintain my weight. Tell Dr. O. I said hello! I love him!
  •