Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

New diet.

Started by Freyja_Joro, December 13, 2012, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freyja_Joro

Oki,

I have been having trouble with diet, I know that I can't just jump up one day and utterly change my life, so I wont ask for such questions. But sadly the one thing that I have the hardest time changing are: My exercise habits (or the complete lack of) and my diet.

But I kind of live in Northern Ontario, I can't just go out for a jog, I don't like the snow, and I am beginning to hate the cold.

But I have to lose weight, if I want to start on HRT (MTF), I know two things I can do, slowly cut out wheat, and dairy, but here's the problem, I live with my mom. Nor do I have much self control around food... Not that I am always hungry, I guess out of a habit I used to get depressed or bored and eat, (stupid ADHD). Does anyone have any advice?
What's the point of following the path society told you to follow if you're lost anyway? Take the unbeaten path.
  •  

Hikari

Keep yourself busy with things that you don't eat while doing.

Most people for example eat in thier car (I have a ten speed transmission, so I don't!), or while watching tv, etc.

So if you eat while watching TV, and you know you can't avoid it, croquet or knit while you watch TV, if your hands are busy you are less likely to eat out of habit.

Also keep snacks out of your common areas, go to the kitchen for meals, inconvenience is a powerful thing to break habits. That and opt for low butter/salt popcorn over chips, you have to actually make popcorn, chips are already ready to go, etc.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

bethany

Drink more water and instead of snacking on chips of any kind eat a piece of fruit.

In the past 7 weeks I dropped 16 pounds. I cut out all but 1 can of soda per day and stopped eating cookies and opted for an apple.  Doing this I went from 184 to 168. My goal is 155.
  •  

RedFox

I've tried many things over the years.. but for me cutting out certain meals and food types works best.  I stopped consuming dairy .. and severely limit my grain intake.  Also I follow the leangains diet (http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html).

Every body is different - you have to experiment and find what works for you mentally and physically.  But start with small changes and then work towards bigger ones.

•