Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I bought myself a ukelele

Started by Jamie D, December 30, 2012, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

Okay, so I bought myself one.  Why?  Pure impulse.

I told a friend here who asked, I reasoned the small size of the instrument would help cover for my lack of technique.  Sort of like in bed.

Anyway, does anyone know of online uke lessons, like YouTube, or a website someplace, so I can pick up the basics?
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Jamie D

Good idea, Dev, but I was thinking more along the lines of "Smoke on the Water," or "Stairway to Heaven."

•  

Devlyn

Ask yourself: WWAD? (What Would Angus Do) This should be doable on a uke.

Whole Lotta Rosie (Live) - AC/DC [1977]
  •  

Jamie D

I have some black short pants?  Think that will help.

But no amps.  :(
  •  

Sephirah

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Annah

•  

V M

I drove for Tiny Tim for three consecutive days when I worked as a chauffeur up in the bay area, He was very nice and played renditions of Led Zeppelin among others as we traveled and had no problem allowing me to play his ukulele

He also had a thing for stopping at random beaches along the coast  :)  Somewhere out there are pictures of me walking bare foot with the pant legs of my suit rolled up and playing ukulele with Tiny Tim on the beach

The photographer that came along said he would give me copies of the pic.s but I never heard from him again
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

V M, that is the coolest story ever. Or you just got me hook, line, and sinker!
  •  

V M

It is a true story, I'm an old musician who worked several odd jobs to get by and have met several famous people  :)  Unfortunately, fame and fortune was not in the cards for me... Such is life
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Jamie D

Do we get a supply of ear plugs?
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: V M on January 05, 2013, 09:40:05 PM
It is a true story, I'm an old musician who worked several odd jobs to get by and have met several famous people  :)  Unfortunately, fame and fortune was not in the cards for me... Such is life

Well, thanks for sharing the story. An internet search does turn up some pics of Tim with other people playing his ukulele.......
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 05, 2013, 09:46:33 PM
Well, thanks for sharing the story. An internet search does turn up some pics of Tim with other people playing his ukulele.......

That's okay, I have the memories and really could not care less if anyone believes me or not

- V M
  •  

spacial

Jamie.

The comments so far have been frankly pathetic.

You can do great things with this instrument as you can with almost anything. Frankly, even a rubber band.

It just takes practice and some positive thinking.

Listen to this and tell me, did this guy do this the first day, or after years of practice, as all artists must?

Lying in bed, experimenting and playing. That is where all the best music comes from.

Giving up. That doesn't really sound like the Jamie I know or any other transgender for that matter.

Listen to this as well:

Do you really want to smash that instrument now?
  •