Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is Stuttering common among CDS, TS?

Started by PrettyFlowingGown, March 02, 2007, 08:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrissie

:)  hmmm, very interesting. I just have been thinking about that.

A few weeks ago, I sang in front of some people with a few others.  The first time we sang, I was standing next to my gg friend, Natalie.  The second night, I was standing next to one of the guys, and I couldn't hear my friend.  I choked and couldn't make a sound.  The third night, I stood next to Natalie, and I was fine.

Turn back to grammar school, where I was called a "stutterer" because when I had to stand up and read--I was terrified.  They put me in a speech class, but I was calm and secure and would never stutter for them.

Later I sang in a Boy's Chorus, and never had any problems, because the high sweet voices always made me feel good....

That's enough analysis...let's go sing! ;D

chrissie
  •  

zombiesarepeaceful

I've always had a problem with stuttering.
  •  

Judge Yourself

I'm not sure how common it is supposed to be in TS but I've stuttered mostly because I feel anxious in company and try to talk at 100mph just to make sure i say all i can before they talk and well because i go into auto witter when nervous...
  •  

J.T.

i wouldn't say i stutter a lot, but i do it more than anyone else i know.
  •  

jamesBrine

I have a problem with articulating my words when i'm speaking. When reading i'm slow but tend to remember very well. overall i have a difficulty with language.
      James
  •  

Mattie

I don't remember stuttering much.  Then again, I don't talk a whole lot.  As far as the stuttering being part of a CD thing, who knows?  It may be a more common trend, but I don't know if it is directly linked.
  •  

Tay

I don't really stutter, but I get "stuck" on certain words sometimes, usually if I'm under stress. 

It's an odd thing.  I might try to say "My cat is running across the floor."  It might come out as "My cat, My cat, my cat, my cat, my cat my cat my cat my cat my cat my cat" Then a long pause while I am quiet and trying to start again, then "My cat my cat my cat is run-running across the the the the the floor."

It's only once in awhile and I'll usually end up in tears because I can't express myself.  It's like language goes on vacation.
  •