News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are you striving for a curvy body?

Started by Elsa.G, March 05, 2013, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennygirl

Quote from: tomthom on March 15, 2013, 11:40:09 PM
honestly those result pics are kind of... gross. It just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing anymore. in fact with both of these http://www.drchugay.com/images/stories/2010procedures/hip_augmentation_front.jpg http://www.drchugay.com/images/stories/2010procedures/hip_augmentation_back.jpg it looks a lot better in the before.

It's just my opinion, but overexxageration of the featres isn't going to aid in beauty unless you're aiming for a ghetto booty.

I completely agree, she looked 100% better before than after, it looks over exaggerated to the max. She had a great waist to hip ratio to begin with and now it is too much. That is not the case for me, my frame/pelvis is super tiny and my hips are nonexistent. This has been the longest acting aspect of my dysphoria, it started as soon as I hit puberty.

Ausbelle- HRT is not going to change my pelvic width, and it's not going to give me the curvature that I want. That's ok!! HRT is not so different from other methods of feminization including augmentations and surgeries. It's all with one goal in mind: get that dysphoria outta here.

I'm not interested in it for "beauty". I'm interested because it would make me feel more congruently aligned with the girl that I've always felt inside and always wanted to be seen as. Having a correct waist to hip ratio has LITERALLY been a dream of mine since I started noticing other girls' bodies starting to change and I was at a severe loss in my own. Now, for me, it is too late without surgical correction. There are no amount of squats or time on orbitals that will change that, and my diet is the best it's ever been and not changing (tons of healthy fats, low sugar/carbs/gluten/dairy).

MaidofOrleans- he can do 1" at most on each hip. That to me is a huge difference, and I probably don't need the full extension- but I haven't done the actual measurements on my own body.. I'm too afraid to see the damage.

I'd been padding my hips since I was in middle school because I wanted that feminine ratio so badly, but now I can't do it because it feels "fake" putting it on when the rest of my body is changing for real from the skin level. A padded bra I can handle because I do actually have breasts even if they are small, but padded hips make me feel like a phony- and as soon as the clothes come off it's back to that dysphoric feeling...

So, yes, you could say I am "striving" for that curvy body :D
  •  

Catherine Sarah

OK. If everyone doesn't mind, may I throw caution to the wind and put the cat amongst the pigeons?

Regarding waist hip ratio. There are two major bones that relate to this part of the anatomy, the sacrum and coccyx.

With advancements in bone reconstruction that have been taking place in recent years, would it not be better to insert an extension into this bone structure in preference to unwieldy hip implants.

You may commence burning me at the stake now.

Huggs
Catherine (aka Joan of Arc)  :laugh:

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Jennygirl

Catherine, I dunno. But my initial findings were that breaking and reconstructing such a crucial area of the body (the very center of all of it's structure) would be asking for it...

What are these advances, though?

I've looked into it but came up empty handed.
  •  

AusBelle

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 16, 2013, 02:37:32 AM

I'm not interested in it for "beauty". I'm interested because it would make me feel more congruently aligned with the girl that I've always felt inside and always wanted to be seen as. Having a correct waist to hip ratio has LITERALLY been a dream of mine since I started noticing other girls' bodies starting to change and I was at a severe loss in my own. Now, for me, it is too late without surgical correction. There are no amount of squats or time on orbitals that will change that, and my diet is the best it's ever been and not changing (tons of healthy fats, low sugar/carbs/gluten/dairy).

I'd been padding my hips since I was in middle school because I wanted that feminine ratio so badly, but now I can't do it because it feels "fake" putting it on when the rest of my body is changing for real from the skin level. A padded bra I can handle because I do actually have breasts even if they are small, but padded hips make me feel like a phony- and as soon as the clothes come off it's back to that dysphoric feeling...

So, yes, you could say I am "striving" for that curvy body :D

How long have you been on HRT for?  Are you underweight?  How do you know it's too late for you? 
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: AusBelle on March 16, 2013, 03:01:34 AM
How long have you been on HRT for?  Are you underweight?  How do you know it's too late for you?

I'm 29, and I've only been on HRT for a little over 3 months. Not even considering doing this hip augmentation until next year, but I already know that HRT isn't going to give me what I want. My parents are both super tiny framed & lean, which explains why I can't seem to get my weight above 130 after 1 month of HRT (I lost 15lbs in the first month- probably muscle mass). My mom is 5' 4" and 105lbs, my dad is 5' 8" and 140lbs. Both have super small frames. No feminizing fat for me.... (not that I am complaining at all really, sorry if it sounds like that) I just want the W/H ratio to be more in line.
  •  

AusBelle

I understand where you are coming from.  However it took me at least 3 years before I had what I would call hip curves.  I have photos to prove it (as it was a long time ago).  Not only does fat go on the hips, but the lower end of the waist, above the hip bones nips inwards.  This takes time.

I gather you are trying to put some weight on.  Just because your parents are super slim doesn't mean you will definitely turn out like that.
  •  

Jennygirl

I'd love to see your photos, sending you a PM :D
  •  

tomthom

if you could pm them to me or show them here that would be great.

also, in terms of body restructuring, I thin doctor's are too obsessed with making it bioidentical rather than perfetly functional. let's get some creativity up in there and speed things up with some titanium basket forms interwoven with the fat and strategically place in the muscle overlaps.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: tomthom on March 16, 2013, 03:31:37 AM
if you could pm them to me or show them here that would be great.

also, in terms of body restructuring, I thin doctor's are too obsessed with making it bioidentical rather than perfetly functional. let's get some creativity up in there and speed things up with some titanium basket forms interwoven with the fat and strategically place in the muscle overlaps.

It's very possible it could be a horrible idea to get these hip augmentation implants.. I haven't met the doctor or any of his patients. I would definitely need to meet both before moving forward. As far as I know, he is the only one in the US who does it and his website says that he's only done 18 of them, although it also says they have all been a success because it is such a non-invasive procedure compared to buttock augmentation.

Also, it's a matter of convenience for me. The beverly hills office is a 20 minute bike ride from where I live.
  •  

Carolina1983

•  

tomthom

oh my jenny, you actually live quite close to me then. well... relatively.

but yes, I was kidding about extreme procedures. I'd just give it a little more time.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 15, 2013, 11:26:19 PM
I've decided, I'm totally getting hips next year.

http://www.drchugay.com/body-contouring/thigh/hip-augmentation-surgery

Yay it's finally happening! Leg shortening/lengthening now hip augmentation, all we need to complete the full package are shoulder reduction and mid face reduction operations.

The before/afters are more or less equal in beauty but for MTFs with narrow hips as well as broad shoulders this could be a game changer.
  •  

A

That surgery looks bad. The first two pictures are so-so at best, and the last one has a -gross- result. It doesn't look remotely natural. It looks... Mutated.

The implants' shape is wrong, and their placement is, too, actually. It would need to be much higher to have a chance of looking good.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

tomthom

I still stand by the fact that most models have thin waists and semi broad shoulders.

Long legs, broad shoulders, narrow waists and hips are all seen as being desirable physical characteristics in models. It's just a fact if you look at the pictures. now you just have to work it.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

muuu

•  

lol @ comparing top models to MTF transexuals because of their low body fat. Whatever makes you feel better I guess.
  •  

A

Many female models are very masculine-looking, if you look at it objectively. It has little to do with how skinny they are, I think. It's just that many people, including (and perhaps it's actually mostly those strange people) fashion designers, for reasons I do not know, seem to find masculine traits in women good-looking. I find most of those models far from attractive, if not downright bad-looking. Either I'm weird, either other people are easily fooled by thinness, make-up and the fact that they're supposed to be beautiful. ^^'
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

tomthom

well, I hang out with a lot of models. I used to do modeling myself. plenty of people find us plenty attractive in normal clothing and never confuse our sex, regardless of us wearing makeup or not. so yeah, I may be a bit biased in my experience.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Nicolette

tomthom, was that modelling as a female?
  •  

Jennygirl

I still stand by my opinion that the first and last photos look downright bad (I think it's the same person, btw). It doesn't look natural at all. But look at the before photos, she already HAD hips! Why oh why did she think she needed more? Of course it's going to look unnatural. She's gone overboard.

Personally I think the second one looks totally natural and is successfully corrective. No more concave hips. Bingo.

For MTF's I highly doubt it would look like the first/last because of the lack of existing hips (unless you are one of those lucky girls... not me at all in that department!). I think it would be more in line with the second photo, and much more natural looking.

Of course this surgery isn't for everyone.. some people prefer having more "model" like proportions and that is fine- I wouldn't expect everyone to be crazed for some hip implants. As for my own taste, and how it relates to my dysphoria, I've always dreamed of having hips.. way before I even fully realized I was a female.

Being that this is a minimally invasive procedure.. post op recovery is 1 day before walking again and 2 weeks until strenuous activity can be resumed, it sounds great. I don't want buttock implants and I cannot even fathom some kind of super invasive pelvis area bone restructuring. Yikes.

Slide some silicone under the thigh muscle and viola! Female proportions. I am down for that. I highly doubt it would look unnatural on me with my current proportions. And might I add.. even if I did end up having larger hips than average, believe me I would rock the heck out of 'em
  •