Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

22 days post-op

Started by lilacwoman, February 20, 2011, 09:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilacwoman

I had srs in London on 29th January with Mr Inglefield and Mr George doing the colon prep and removal.
6 hour op duing which a section of colon was removed via a big abdominal opening - I was thinking keyhole!  - and then it was passed down through my pelvis to where the new opening had been made.
It was packed solid for five days and when the packing was removed and I was allowed a quick mirror view all I saw was gaping raw flesh nothing like the neat vginas on the Thai surgeons websites.
next morning I woke soaked with blood and got the staff panicking before they realised that the blood had been pooling between the lining and the vagina walls and had finally poured out of hole where a drain had been removed the day before.  They said that it was better to have the blood out than in as otherwise my body would have to slowly break down the trapped blood.
Sent me home 8 days post op but by day 12 I was really sore as some stitches had torn and infection had got a hold.  Flucloxycillin stopped the infection but the raw flesh made dilating too painful fora couple of days.
Day 16 follow up and surgeon had to release some fluid trapped between the vagina lining and wall.  he was quite pleased with the healing.  he used a dilator and said i still had all the depth but to take it easy until the stitches healed over.
Day 22 and I dilated without pain as the internal stitches have finally healed properly.
No pains now except a soreness of the labia edges which seems to occur when it is time to change the pads so its similar to nappy rash. Washing and putting cream on stops the soreness.

•  

Dana Lane

Glad you are healing well. I was a bit terrified to see what the outcome was after seeing what you went through! 
============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

Janet_Girl

Welcome back Sis.  Congratulations on the post-op, and sending heal vibes your way.

L I L A C W O M A N.  There you be dear.  You are now on the list.  ;D
  •  

caseyaustralia

hOPE YOU HAVE A NICE RECOVERY AS THAT IS THE HARD PART
  •  

Cindy

Love Lilacwoman,

Once you are recovered I'd love to find out what you think of the colon method.

In the mean time take care and repair

Cindy
  •  

paulault55

Congrats Lilacwoman and welcome to the other side, sounds like you had a rough time of it but are now on the mend.

Paula

I am a Mcginn Girl May 9 2011
  •  

Francis Ann Burgett

Noticed your note long ago. How are your doing? Are you OK? I'm sure a lot of us would like to here from you after this serious surgery.
  •  

lilacwoman

9 months post-op colovaginoplasty.

as I said in first post the op is really big and invasive as surgeon had to get hands in to push the colon down and then stick it in place so there was a lot of swelling and big gaping hole.
now its slimmed down and looks very nice.   two weeks ago at follow-up the surgeon said inside it looked and felt the same as natural vagina.

For months it was seriously painful around the opening and looked quite raw where the colon piece joined my natural skin and my doctor and the surgeon couldn't offer any idea why apart from 'well it will be'.   I'd wash it before bed but then wake after three hours with serious stinging that needed another wash  ...but eventually I did some research and found that the colon mucus is actually an irritant on external skin and even now I get the stinging some nights but it is a lot better so maybe one day my skin will get used to the mucus and stop being irritated.

it will never be as clean inside as either a natural one or a penile inversion one as the colon does produce some thicker mucus unlike the clear thin liquid of natural and inversions ones.  I douche with plain warm water after each dilating.

dilating is Ok with the 30mm but the 35mm is painful as its pretty near the same size as the natural hole through my male pelvis.

It locks up tight overnight and during workday but towards evening it relaxes and esepcially so when I show it some lube so dilating isn't really painful and I'm sure that it will allow sex when I get lucky.

due to the colon not having any nerves there won't be much sexy sensations inside.

I haven't had any kind of orgasm yet but at times I feel the day won't be far off.

what really surprised me was one day while dilating and dreaming/fantasizing I found my hips doing the most amazing high speed thrusting which I'd never felt before in any way. It was totally involutary so it got me wondering what caused it.
  •  

Cindy

Sorry if this is crude, but how is your colon, colon working? Are there repercussions from having tissue removed and being sewn back up?

Cindy
  •  

lilacwoman

colons due heal up nice and quick so long as the ends are clean and there is no solid food wastes or gasses to pressurise the join which is why the long fast and colon cleanout with the Picolax laxative stuff is necessary.

Surgeon did tell me not to drink acid fruit juices for a few days to ensure no acids could get at the join until it had fully healed and coated itself with the protective mucus.
I was a bit wary of getting constipation and putting pressure on the join with big masses of wastes so I made sure I was eating light foods like fish and eggs and liquid foods like soups and yogurts, custards etc for first couple of weeks.
So basically once home and eating this light diet I did start going to toilet about 8 days post-op and no pain, blood or bad signs etc.

One thing I have noticed is that the op has to make room in what is basically a male groin and the big muscle that keeps our guts in our pelvis has to be stretched to make room and now my anus is actually quite recessed as the msucle now protrudes or hangs down a bit and has created quite a definte ridge between anus and vagina unlike the pre-op situation or the natural female situation so I find that the warnings about wiping from front to back and being careful about cross infections don't really apply as the ridge keeps things well separated.
  •  

AbraCadabra

Hi hon,
I had inversion on 20. Sept and also there is a ridge where my perineum is.
It's like sitting on a bump, but it is getting less already.
If I sit on it, it forces air out of my vagina - a queef... each time I sit down... Though, this also is getting less.
Everything you related fits 1:1 with my friend that also had colon-section, she is still pretty young and was healing well – so that with out her dilating she now needs another op to open her up again --- that's ~ 6 month post op.
The smell is an issue, still, and so is her tummy bulge that seems not uncommon or pretty regular occurrence with colon-section.

Do you find that is also your case? I'd be VERY interested to know, - if you don't mind to elaborate.

What most folks do not know realise... the colon-section is NOT completely severed from the sigmoid colon, that's in order to maintain blood supply.
It is cut ~ 3/4 and then flipped down toward the vj entrance and attached as you mentioned. The case I have seen healed VERY well and not even a scar can be seen (looks a bit like a second anus?)

So this section after being flipped over and attached to the outside is closed off with a 'purse-suture' (a bit like the end of a sausage) and the actual sigmoid colon is reconnected by a ring of staples - these will stay inside.

This is my information acc. to Prof Lindeque, head of SA GRS team.

The above just for some added info, as Cindy was also interested.

Any tummy-bulge issue then with you also, or not, if I may be so bold to ask?

Thank you Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

lilacwoman

the perineum was seriously painful to sit on for perhaps 12 weeks and even a doughnut pillow didn't help.

surgeon did the big c-section incision across belly to get at the colon and it must sever the muscles quite a bit so I definitaly have the plump tummy and especially above the pubes but it does add to the fem shape in skirts so its OK.

did your friends surgeon go in from below?
why did she stop dilating?  Mine was really sore around the outside where the colon had been sewn to the natural skin and it stayed raw and red for ages so I had to stop dilating for a couple of weeks and was really worried about it closing up until I could get to surgeon and he opened me up with a dilator  - I howled like I was giving birth.  then he gave me a smaller dilator to start things off each time and that made dilating OK. 
Your friend should get a small dilator or a Lady's Finger ribbed vibrator and open herself with that two or three times a day..  Its painful but can be done
I have three dilators with smallest being about 3/4 inch 20mm which slides straight in each time, then I follow with the next one of about 28mm and then use the biggest.

smell was a problem for about 4 months as the colon was still producing lots of mucus but now its figured out it doesn't need to so it is a lot less.
Smell now is actually just borderline sexy.   :D

surgeon was very fixated on giving me lots of depth and insisted on me persevering until I was taking all the 7inches of both the small and  medium dilators.   Do guys expect to have so much depth available for their delight?    I was worried that such a depth might make it hard to clean right to the back but it seems the colon does do the self cleaning contractions.

I also need to mention that until about 3/4 weeks ago I was getting the spasm/ejection of lube mess and water after each post-dilation douching which I assume is the colon contracting to clean itself out.   

I do get lots of odd twinges and stings from around the opening but I assume this is nerves reconnecting or perhaps cut nerves just being irritated by my knix.

Another thing I notice is that the pubic hair has grown really thick and long.  seems strange but then for most of my adult life I kept my male bits shaved to make them as emasculated as possible but now I quite like having a nice female shaped patch of pube hair..
  •