Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Facial hair...is it really this expensive to get rid of??

Started by Antonia J, March 20, 2013, 06:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

Yeah, price differ by location. Mostly, it should be based on the time the person spends on you, but some places (like the one where I went) have very arbitrary prices. For example, they charge much more for men's upper lips than women's, while it costs them the same amount to do.

What the heck? The face is a much larger area than the rest of the face. Besides, the upper lip IS part of the face.

Look, my whole face and neck were about 370 $ per session, and I was ROBBED. I paid WAY too much. And you're just in the same area.

Get out of there. It's way too expensive.

Also, Lightsheer Duet is a new version of Lightsheer, but the only thing I heard it has improved is pain. It hurts less. The laser place near my home has both. They charge almost twice the price for the Duet, yet the only thing it does is alleviate the pain. Is it worth it? Not for me.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Antonia J

Thank you, A.  I appreciate the help, and am going to keep shopping for alternatives.  With money limited, I want to make sure I can get the best value and results.
  •  

JenniL

yea keep shopping. every place I looked into for laser charged either upper lip or full face.

as for electrolysis. expensive andkind of hurts, depends on the area. bad thing about it is letting the facial hair grow. also bring a cheap thing of mascara for those hairs that are hard to see :)

its well worth the tears and money though.

Jennifer

•  

Rachel85

Thanks for your response A! Muchly appreciated! I guess in the end it is all money, finding a good place, not to mention whatever makes you happy. I would really really like to have to skip the whole chest shave thing but for how much? Legs and arms are fairly easily remedied (epilator or shaving) but I would really like to have a clean chest and back. Ive been exfolitaing daily/every second day for about 6 weeks (prior to chest waxing/shaving) and on my last shave got some very nasty ingrowns that are still mocking me a week later, but they're resolving but slowly...
Thanks again on the info! FYI my facial laser (top lip included) is $150 (Australian Dollars) a session but I am getting the "ladies rate" :) :)
  •