Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

can some one Help I have got about my CD your and gender issues

Started by gill.chick, March 10, 2013, 09:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gill.chick

Hi I wonder if somebody can give me some advice.
I have got an appointment with a counsellor this week about my CD and gender issues. I just would like to know. Does anybody know what questions I might be asked and how will it be handled as Iam very  nervous about this. This will be the first time that I have discussed these issues with anyone  let alone a professional,  I would just like to know what they could say to me and  what I will be asked and what I can expect so please can somebody give me some advice as I rather nervous about even talking to somebody about these issues.
Hope someone can help me
Thank you
Love
Gill
  •  

Heather

It's ok to be nervous your first visit most people are. Best advice I can give is go in there and be honest and open about everything and you'll be just fine. :)
  •  

Antonia J

Heather gives good advice.  As awkward as it may feel, just open up and get it all out.  Don't worry about the words or what the counselor will think. Just be yourself.
  •  

Beth Andrea

The first question might be, "So...what brings you in today?"

(Actually, the first question may be, "Have you filled out the insurance form yet?" LOL)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi gill chick,

A big Aussie welcome to Susan's family. It's good of you to drop in and say "Hi". Hope you like it here, and you stay for a while.

There is a mountain of information, resources and friendship waiting for you here, you just need to jump in start talking and ask any question you like. You're quite safe here and we are very accepting.

Generally speaking, after all the essential name, rank, serial number etc, it's pretty much low key.

What do you want to talk about? Is a pretty general question. The rest will be ice breakers or conversation starters. It's not until you get into the hard core issues that you may raise a few beads of perspiration on the forehead.

Try not to be too nervous, as it doesn't go down too well when they burn you at the stake for not complying with house orders. "We have ways of making you talk"

To further relieve your anxiety, I believe in the States, you have now outlawed water boarding and finger nail pulling.

Looking forward to hearing more of your story in time to come, but in the meantime, be safe, well and happy.

Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •