Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Doctor question.

Started by kariann330, April 11, 2013, 02:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kariann330

So i know there are doctors who go by informed consent for therapy and for HRT, and even doctors who don't require a letter before you start hrt. I'm wondering if there are any surgeons (preferably good ones) who would operate under an informed consent for anything. Every doctor i am finding has disclaimers that they only follow WPATH standards of care and honestly i feel WPAT is a little over bearing with there preset times for everyone and for everything when i personally feel if a person is ready for SRS, FFS or VFS six months into transition, they should be able to as they can under informed consent. If such a doctor doesn't exist yet.....pooie they need to hurry up lol.

Thanks
Kari.
I need a hero to save me now, i need a hero to save my life, a hero will save me just in time!!

"Don't bother running from a sniper, you will just die tired and sweaty"

Longest shot 2500yards, Savage 110BA 338 Lapua magnum, 15X scope, 10X magnifier. Bipod.
  •  

Keira

Quote from: kariann330 on April 11, 2013, 02:22:33 AM
So i know there are doctors who go by informed consent for therapy and for HRT, and even doctors who don't require a letter before you start hrt. I'm wondering if there are any surgeons (preferably good ones) who would operate under an informed consent for anything. Every doctor i am finding has disclaimers that they only follow WPATH standards of care and honestly i feel WPAT is a little over bearing with there preset times for everyone and for everything when i personally feel if a person is ready for SRS, FFS or VFS six months into transition, they should be able to as they can under informed consent. If such a doctor doesn't exist yet.....pooie they need to hurry up lol.

Thanks
Kari.

As far as I know FFS isn't restricted by the wpath standards of care, it's just a specific type of plastic surgery.

I can't provide much more than the first paragraph and the statement, "The search button is your friend". Just type in "Informed Consent", I just searched it a few minutes ago and I found stuff about informed consent and surgery.

-Sky
  •  

kelly_aus

As far as I am aware, all the reputable surgeons will require a letter from a therapist of some sort - some require 2.

The most recent WPATH SoC's are actually pretty good. They are not as restrictive as previous versions and even admit that they are merely guidelines - not a fixed set of 'rules'. Even WPATH admits they are felxible and should be tailored to an individual patients needs..
  •  

kariann330

See this is what i love about my GP, all they are requiring from me is my signature on a consent form. Yes i do come packing a letter if needed because of my doctor for my bipolar, but still it would be SOO much easier if i could walk into a surgeons office, talk with them for a couple of min, slap my signature on a piece of paper and after that go thru the rest of the consult and preoperative tests then two days later wake up with a vagina. Sadly Supron follows WPATH
I need a hero to save me now, i need a hero to save my life, a hero will save me just in time!!

"Don't bother running from a sniper, you will just die tired and sweaty"

Longest shot 2500yards, Savage 110BA 338 Lapua magnum, 15X scope, 10X magnifier. Bipod.
  •