Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

wordpress.com: Start enforcing your ToS on trans issues and delete trans-hate bl

Started by Shana A, January 24, 2013, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

wordpress.com: Start enforcing your ToS on trans issues and delete trans-hate blogs

Petition by
        Billie Holder
        United States

https://www.change.org/petitions/wordpress-com-start-enforcing-your-tos-on-trans-issues-and-delete-trans-hate-blogs?utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign     

For too long, Wordpress.com has hosted blogs like bugbrennan and gendertrender which are, bar-none, unmistakably, blogs devoted to harassment, violation of privacy, and hatemongering against transgender people. These blogs have even posted things such as "hit lists" of trans activists, and the old names and old photos of trans women. Wordpress has failed to take action on this even when other blog hosting sites did not fail to do so. This is unacceptable, and it NEEDS TO STOP.

To:
wordpress.com
Start enforcing your ToS on trans issues and delete trans-hate blogs

Sincerely,
[Your name]
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

amandascute

I had never heard of wordpress, but having spent about a half hour reading it wow what garbage.   very creepy sends a cold chill up my spine.   

Amanda
  •  

Beth Andrea

Signed it, but the 3 suggested petitions after it (immigration reform, anti-NRA, and ban "assault weapons") are ludicrous.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Dawn Heart

"She who shall not be named" has been noticed once again, I see. This petition by Billy Holder is filled with a justified passion, a wonderful heart, compassion, and so many more good intents. I applaud this, but think that the more attention we give she who shall not be named, the more that attention feeds her fire. She is a typical school yard bully who, when their crimes are associated with their name, benefit from the notoriety.

The most beneficial thing we can do as an international community is to demand that the state agencies in the U.S. who issue her license to practice law, disbar her for her behavior. She has intentionally, knowingly, willfully, and maliciously caused unjustified harm to transmen and transwomen. Her behavior is such that it violates every legal ethical standard an attorney would be held to.

Anyone who wants to see her disbarred permanently should seriously help organize a stateside coalition to take such action.   
There's more to me than what I thought
  •  

Jamie D

•  

crazy at the coast

Quote from: Pleasingly Plump Jamie D on February 11, 2013, 11:50:50 AM
I understand that the "gendertrender" blog was locked on January 19.
Only for a few days.  That site really doesn't bother me so much and in all honesty, they do have a few reasonable points at times.
  •  

StellaB

First I can understand how distressing this sort of material can be online to some people, or offensive, but it is free speech and it isn't really that well grounded in logic.

You can call someone whatever you like, but it doesn't mean that the other person is what you call them nor does calling it the truth convert your opinion into fact. Truth is relative.

I mean you have older chubby gay guys calling themselves 'bears' but I've yet to see one on all fours butt naked near a river fishing for salmon with their teeth.

I've read some of the blogs and if someone wants to devote their time and energy into writing this, or reading this, let them.

Didn't change the way I perceive myself or my life experiences and I doubt it would change that fo people who know me.

Not everybody has to like me or accept me.
"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: StellaB on March 20, 2013, 08:57:14 PM
First I can understand how distressing this sort of material can be online to some people, or offensive, but it is free speech and it isn't really that well grounded in logic.

You can call someone whatever you like, but it doesn't mean that the other person is what you call them nor does calling it the truth convert your opinion into fact. Truth is relative.

I mean you have older chubby gay guys calling themselves 'bears' but I've yet to see one on all fours butt naked near a river fishing for salmon with their teeth.

I've read some of the blogs and if someone wants to devote their time and energy into writing this, or reading this, let them.

Didn't change the way I perceive myself or my life experiences and I doubt it would change that fo people who know me.

Not everybody has to like me or accept me.

The right of "Free Speech" has limitations.  And that right does not pertain to hosted internet sites.

If the vile blogger wants to create their own domain, instead of using WordPress, they certainly do that.  WordPress, like this site, has rules.  We Moderators, Administrators, and Staff here do our best to make sure this site remains friendly and supportive.

That is why we do not allow links to, or quotations from, any sort of "hate site" or "hate blog."
  •