Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Breast soreness - how long does it last each time?

Started by Violet Bloom, December 04, 2013, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violet Bloom

About twelve days after starting low-dose oral Estrace my nipples became a bit painful.  This kept up for ten days, and then just as I thought it was letting off a bit, today they are hurting more.  But the difference is now when I press in on the nipple or push it off center it feels like getting jabbed with a needle inside it. :o  While this is rather exciting getting a hormonal response and I can deal with the minor pain level, I'm wondering how long this might go on for in a stretch for each growth cycle.  How much worse will it get?  How much area does the pain and soreness spread out into as growth progresses?  No significant firmness or lumps yet at this time, just a little puffy and on-and-off nipple firmness.

•  

Isabelle

Mine have hurt for almost three years. They go through stages of being more and less sensitive but they're always tender.
  •  

Antonia J

Been on for three months, and they are sorer than ever. Also, started getting a bit itchy for an added bonus. Buy a padded bra...not to push the girls up, but to protect you from running into stuff. Trust me, you will thank me :)
  •  

Violet Bloom

I do find that they are worse just when I wake up in the morning.  They must be doing most of their development during sleep.  The pain isn't so bad - it's just that I'm too captivated by the process to leave them alone!  I would be better off if I'd quit poking at them I suspect...

It would seem by the responses so far that I'm in for a pain marathon, although I suppose that's not much different from the experience of an actual marathon run.  (Did that once and got very sore nipples from my shirt rubbing in addition to all the other aches!)  I have a few of those basic seamless stretch bras and found that it feels slightly better wearing them due to the light compression.  A lightly-padded sports bra may be in order down the road for work once the protrusion gets a little too obvious for my workplace.

•  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: Joules on December 04, 2013, 10:25:14 PM
Violet, you need to change your text now, the boob fairy is at your location!

I haven't experienced the discomfort that some claim in getting a slight bump, at least not to the extent that is often reported.

Ah, yes!  I did say I would change my caption and maybe the avatar although I've grown rather fond of the avatar.  I'm going to wait just a little longer because I think the Boob Fairy is teasing me a bit right now.  "Just a pinch of the magic fairy dust - that oughta get her attention! >:-)"  (Yes, the Boob Fairy also uses emoticons. ;))  It is now clear to me that fairy dust stings a little.

It's strange that not everyone gets the hard lump under the nipple.  I actually know what that's like because it happened to me for about a year at the start of puberty but it eventually went away.  I read that it's actually a very common occurrence in pubescent boys but it was rather scary at the time.  That's why I'm so surprised to not be having this happen again now.  Perhaps it will come later.

•  

sam79

My breasts were sore from the point when buds grew, which was about 1.5 months into HRT.

They stayed sore and very sensitive for a few months as they grew, varying in intensity a little from time to time... That lasted maybe up until 5 months HRT where not even I could touch them.

After that, the pain started to settle, and instead of just hurting, the pain came and went through the days. Sometimes they would go days without pain, and sometimes days of pain now and then through the day. The extreme sensitivity which was there at the start is mostly gone though. Also, they rarely hurt at the same time... normally it's just one side or the other.

They're still growing slowly, so I assume the pain just accompanies growth.
  •  

angiegurl

Mine got sore about a week ago and the buds are forming. So far it has not been bad from a pain perspective it is more annoying than anything else. As they say "no pain no gain". I guess I just need to "women up".  ;)
Angie

•  

evecrook

•  

Violet Bloom

I can't really figure out where the needle-like pain is coming from because I can press my nipples right in against my rib bones without resistance.  There's no hardness or obvious density in the way.  Perhaps it's just swelling right now?  Also, how is it that this is the only part of the body that hurts as it grows? ???  I'm due for an HRT checkup with my doctor next week so I'll see what she knows about it.  Thank god my doctor is a woman!

•  

Violet Bloom

Just a minor update for information's sake:

I had my monthly HRT checkup with the doctor today.  Nothing I reported to them was seen as out of the ordinary.  They've upped my Estrace dose as a result.  (Yay!)  So far it's been 17 straight days of varying nipple pain since it started.  My areolas are puffy and the nipple is a bit firm at times.  I don't know if it started before the Estrace from Spiro alone but I've gained 2 inches of circumference around the bust since starting from board-flat.  My weight has also gone up 3-4 pounds so this may actually be some new fat deposits that aren't just relocating.  (At the same time I've lost about 2 inches from my waist.)  I am just barely beginning to feel a bouncy sensation even though it still looks like zero boob.

•  

Joanna Dark

My boobs started hurting at around six weeks and are still tender to this day. Lately, I havent felt them at all but today the left one feels like someone is pinching me under the nipple. It's really hard to feel glandular tissue anymore. For awhile, it was like having one of those jumbo sized bouncy balls under each nipple but now it all seems to be one big jiggly glob. I really don't think they will get much bigger. I'm already a 32C/D cup. Though I look like a small C. They are unmistakbly boobs. So that's good I guess. But they will prolly stay tender foreva so I'd get used to it.
  •  

evecrook

I'm at 2 months and its a constant tenderness. When I take a shower and wash my breast's It's like sharp pain ,but weirdly pleasurable. I wear a comfortable bra all the time so I don't feel any thing unless I poke around.
  •  

Ltl89

It hasn't gone away for me.   Some days it's okay, but it always comes back.  And it's been even worse lately since I've increased my hormones.  Though they have been growing a lot recently too. 
  •  

Ashey

A few weeks ago it was intermittent, now it's every day. I can't even really describe the feeling of soreness, but at times it's really uncomfortable/painful, other times it's an annoying throbbing. Sometimes it goes away for a few hours and promptly returns. And then my nipples... they started puffy and now they feel even puffier. And oddly enough they became softer, now they feel...thicker? Definitely have that nipple pain though. Those random quick sharp spasms of pain like a needle lancing right through the tip. >_< Just a fun reminder that they're growing. :laugh: Also, I'm jiggly now, which isn't as fun as I thought. I'd bounce them a lil and get an achy reminder of why NOT to do that... Nipple sensitivity is going up too. I was buying groceries today and upon bending over, my nipple brushed against the inside of my shirt, and I was very aware of it. o_o
  •