Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous, darling!" (Ver 3.0)

Started by Jamie D, April 13, 2013, 12:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Mainegirl you look good perhaps sassy in that pic.

ZoeM you look great aswell.

•  

MaidofOrleans

Many thanks girls!

Quote from: Rowan Rue on April 13, 2013, 01:59:43 PM

MaidofOrleans - wow, you hair is growing so fast, it's looking really cute, as is the rest of you ;D

Yes, I've noticed this. Don't know what i'm doing maybe it's just luck.
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

PHXGiRL

Quote from: EmeraldPerpugilliam on April 13, 2013, 10:11:04 AM
Should i be surprised Serena volunteered to go first? Nope looking fine Serena.

Thanks girlfriend! You'll be in here! :)

Quote from: Michelle G on April 13, 2013, 02:15:27 PM
Ok...I'm in :)

Love that top hun! :) We are style sisters! :D
  •  

SarahDoll1987

Ok so here goes... This is me. I'm fairly pleased with how I look and don't really seem to have any problems with passing... And since I started university nobody seems to realise I'm trans.

Btw I suck at trying to smile for pics lol... As soon as a camera is pointed at me I just find it impossible to smile properly. I also lost a bit more weight since then... Over the last year and a bit I cant seem to stop losing weight lol... I was 6ft and 245 lbs at my heaviest and now I weigh about 185 lbs... Still got a bit more to lose though, but I'm getting there!

upload foto
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Michelle G on April 13, 2013, 02:15:27 PM
Ok...I'm in :)

Michelle, I agree with Serena, your top is gorgeous, girl! And don't hide your face, I'm sure you look gorgeous! By the way, Michelle, where in Sunny California do you live? I live in Ventura County.
Quote from: SarahDoll1987 on April 13, 2013, 10:06:48 PM
Ok so here goes... This is me. I'm fairly pleased with how I look and don't really seem to have any problems with passing... And since I started university nobody seems to realise I'm trans.

Btw I suck at trying to smile for pics lol... As soon as a camera is pointed at me I just find it impossible to smile properly. I also lost a bit more weight since then... Over the last year and a bit I cant seem to stop losing weight lol... I was 6ft and 245 lbs at my heaviest and now I weigh about 185 lbs... Still got a bit more to lose though, but I'm getting there!

upload foto
Sarah, you look absolutely incredible! The only way you wouldn't pass, girl, is if the person looking at you had x-ray eyes and could spot your alternate plumbing!!! Believe me, you have nothing to worry about. When I started my HRT I weighed 226, and in 21 months I've lost 64 lbs, and I'm at 162 right now. As I'm sure you know, weight loss is a huge confidence builder, and now, Sarah, every other pound lost is becoming noticeable, and doesn't it feel wonderful to know you're constantly going in the right direction?!?! Congratulations are in order

To each and every girl/woman kind enough to share your photos, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope all you other ladies get as much out of these photos and words of encouragement as I have. When I began HRT it took me at least a few months to find 'Susan's Place'.  But they didn't have a "DO I PASS?", "BEFORE AND AFTER" or this, the "YOU LOOK FABULOUS!" thread, or any of the hundreds of other pertinent, important and just plain fun threads. I'm so glad I'm here, you're all amazing. Hugs to each and every one of you beautiful ladies and God bless us all!
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: SarahDoll1987 on April 13, 2013, 10:06:48 PM

upload foto

Wow you look superfantastic! I wish I had been able to transition before college, probably wouldn't have been so miserable  :-\
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

AusBelle

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on April 13, 2013, 02:22:41 AM
Fine...

You look so much like a girl I work with.  I almost thought it was her posting...  Looking great!
  •  

SarahDoll1987

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on April 14, 2013, 12:08:09 AM
Wow you look superfantastic! I wish I had been able to transition before college, probably wouldn't have been so miserable  :-\

Thanks! And I kinda went to university when I was 18 but I spent most of my time just feeling depressed and eventually just dropped out... But now I've transitioned I feel like a million times happier and decided it's time to go back... It's at the same university I was at before, so a few of the lecturers probably remember me (I know at least 1 who definitely does, but he just treats me like any other girl, and even suggested I go to some conference thing that's just for female students in this field), but because it's been a few years since I left, most of the students from when I was there are gone apart from a couple who are doing PhD's... One of them is a girl I used to be good friends with when I was there so it's nice catching up with her :)
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: SarahDoll1987 on April 14, 2013, 12:43:32 AM
Thanks! And I kinda went to university when I was 18 but I spent most of my time just feeling depressed and eventually just dropped out... But now I've transitioned I feel like a million times happier and decided it's time to go back... It's at the same university I was at before, so a few of the lecturers probably remember me (I know at least 1 who definitely does, but he just treats me like any other girl, and even suggested I go to some conference thing that's just for female students in this field), but because it's been a few years since I left, most of the students from when I was there are gone apart from a couple who are doing PhD's... One of them is a girl I used to be good friends with when I was there so it's nice catching up with her :)

If I can ever afford it ill do the college thing again the right way  ;)
  •  

V M

You look very nice SarahDoll  :)  Very natural feminine appearance
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelle G

Sarah,

you look a lot like my sister when she was younger...very pretty  and I love your smile in that pic :)

Good luck in your studies!
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

SarahDoll1987

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone :) I do sometimes have days when I look at myself and feel ugly, but in general I'm fairly happy with how I look... Before I transitioned I always expected because of my height and things that I'd never pass, and now I look back and wonder why I worried so much lol. I've only been full time for a little under 2 years, but I sometimes still feel like it's a dream... I never expected it was possible to be as happy as I am and it really is an amazing feeling :)

Sarah
xx
  •  

Rita

not in the mood for any pictures lately, but I decided to post this one for fun  ;D

@ The Maid

Marry me  :D?
  •  

Michelle G

Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: SarahDoll1987 on April 14, 2013, 02:02:00 AM
Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone :) I do sometimes have days when I look at myself and feel ugly, but in general I'm fairly happy with how I look... Before I transitioned I always expected because of my height and things that I'd never pass, and now I look back and wonder why I worried so much lol. I've only been full time for a little under 2 years, but I sometimes still feel like it's a dream... I never expected it was possible to be as happy as I am and it really is an amazing feeling :)

Sarah
xx
Hi Sarah, I'm at nearly 20 months full time myself and I know exactly what you mean about wondering if I was passable before I transitioned, but mine was over my weight and my age. Once in awhile now I think I'm ugly too, but when I think that now, it's in the context of being an ugly woman, not a male. I'm happy a great deal of the time and it seems from your post you're feeling the same. Isn't it wonderful to see yourself becoming the woman you've dreamed of being for your entire life?!?! Sarah, you really do look wonderful!

I've seen some full length photos since we've moved to "You look fabulous, darling!" 3.0, so here's mine. I got my brown, beige and gold dress at Kohl's on Wednesday during a big sale, then my other dress at TJ Maxx on a Christmas gift card. I've been into dresses for the last several months now and I love how comfortable they are. My back was hurting so badly that I couldn't seem to smile. Have a great week, everyone! Mira

•  

Carrie Liz

*subscribe*

I love this thread! Keep looking gorgeous, ladies! You give hope to poor schmucks like me that I really will be able to truly enjoy my femininity one day.
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: Rita on April 14, 2013, 10:17:31 AM

@ The Maid

Marry me  :D?

Sorry sweety, boys only  :P

Love the nails though! You do that yourself? I can hardly color within the lines  :D
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Michelle G on April 14, 2013, 10:40:40 AM
Pretty dresses Miranda :)
Thank you very much, Michelle! Some of the deals out there on everything are amazing. On the other hand, there's a Nordstrom's in our mall, but I haven't even been in there. I don't want to see a bunch of beautiful clothes I'm not even close to being able to afford. I think I'd probably get down over some of my raggedy wardrobe, even though I love most of my clothes.

•