Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Offical 'You Look Badass, Dude' Topic (Ver 2.0)

Started by Jamie D, April 13, 2013, 02:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F_P_M

yeah i've been told I need different glasses.
Next time i'm due a renewed pair i'll do so but eh, i'll cope till then.

I was actually considering talking to a piercer about my ears. I mean I LOVE having my ears pierced but I think I need less feminine earrings. My safetypin is too useful to remove lol, I mean I genuinely use it all the time for all sorts of things hahah. It does though look feminine becuase it looks like a dangling earring, but it IS a safetypin lol.

I was considering maybe larger guage rings might help, or studs, or maybe even asking if small guages would be possible (not sure if it is because i have tiny ear lobes and two holes in each but i've always loved guages and would kinda love small plugs. One small plug and a stud would be nice I think.)
I admit I also.. kinda.. wanted to get a few more piercings lol.

I've had holes in my ears since I was 5 years old, one of those few things I as a kid was absolutely definitely certain I wanted.

So yeah, might have a chat with a piercer about more "manly" earrings, guages or whether just ramming more piercings in there might help hahaha.
If in doubt, smack more holes in it right?

It'll take a while to stretch to a bigger guage though. But yeah, I admit, I would like a third hole in one ear and some small guages heh. I used to have a pierced lip too but it used to give me a lot of problems with swelling so I took it out.
What can I say, I like piercings heheh.

and I haven't actually bought new earrings for a long time so hmmm... time to pop into a piercing shop I think.
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: F_P_M on April 29, 2019, 08:53:59 AM

Feeling a bit... unconfident. I love my new haircut and I love my new clothes (they're so comfy omg and so much more ME than the stuff I was sort of just wearing because it was clean/there) and i'm having a ball indulging at last my love for colourful shoes (that actually fit me omg!) and mens tailoring (oh so hot... so so hot)
But because i'm pre everything i'm still quite obviously feminine looking, I can't properly bind due to rib problems and of course i'm pocket sized. I don't actually mind being short, but not being able to bind sucks more and more each day. Sports bras help but they don't really squish things as much as i'd like meaning yep, constantly being called "m'am" or "young lady" (I'm not even young either!)

Also had a big wobble a couple of days ago when a guy on the bus started to verbally abuse me and called me fat repeatedly. Really shook my confidence and threw me back into hating myself. I've struggled with my weight and accepting it for several years now (it's predominantly hormonal weight gain because my body hates me and female hormones are frankly evil) and just as I was reaching a point where I felt like I didn't look TOO bad and could stand to look at myself in a mirror, this guy turns up, yells at me a lot and calls me fat and tells me i'm taking up too much space on the bus (wth?)
So yeah. Back to hiding and not wanting to look at myself.

So enjoy this photo of me before I got self concious again. It might be a while before I can do any more photos.

Dude, you look GOOD!  Change the glasses and earrings, and I think you'll be well in your way to looking more male.  I agree that the safety pin does look like a drop earring.  Have you thought of searching for men's hinged earrings?  I have a pair similar to these that I wear, only taking them out for cleaning or when ever I dye my hair.  (Hmmm...I'm about due for another dye job.  :angel:)  I got these from ebay, but I've also found them at Piercing Pagoda.  try doing an online search for "men's hinged earrings" if you're interested.  They also come in black and silver and some with designs too.

You're not fat, Julia1996's right.  That guy was a total jerk.  Forget him. 

As for your chest, it looks pretty good.  If you're wearing a binder or sports bra, you look more like you have pecs than breasts.  And the haircut is pretty sweet too! 

What a good looking man you are!  Be proud!  :)

Ryuichi

•  

F_P_M

button up shirts hide a lot lol. Or at least camoflage as my sports bras squish a lot but still leave rather more boobage than i'd like.

It's like a to b cup instead of c to d which is normally is.
Bleh.

But eh, it'll do. Causing myself "oh god don't move, don't even breathe" pain isn't worth it for a flat chest.

I'm tempted to stretch my first set of holes but I learned you have to DIY that and it's like AIEEE why can't I pay some professional to ram tapers into my ear holes!?? lol.
I don't want em that big though, maybe 10mm at most. It supposedly doens't hurt, just takes a while.

I think that with my regular hoops in the other hole SHOULD look a lot less feminine anyway. Or i'm gonna say screw it and pull a Boy George look hahahaha.

•  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: F_P_M on April 30, 2019, 01:06:21 PM
button up shirts hide a lot lol. Or at least camoflage as my sports bras squish a lot but still leave rather more boobage than i'd like.

It's like a to b cup instead of c to d which is normally is.
Bleh.

But eh, it'll do. Causing myself "oh god don't move, don't even breathe" pain isn't worth it for a flat chest.

I'm tempted to stretch my first set of holes but I learned you have to DIY that and it's like AIEEE why can't I pay some professional to ram tapers into my ear holes!?? lol.
I don't want em that big though, maybe 10mm at most. It supposedly doens't hurt, just takes a while.

I think that with my regular hoops in the other hole SHOULD look a lot less feminine anyway. Or i'm gonna say screw it and pull a Boy George look hahahaha.

I don't know why people think that "a binder's supposed to hurt."  Its not.  Its supposed to feel like a "slightly-too-snug hug," not "OMG, I can't breathe!!111!"  If your binder's like the second one, it's too tight.  But if wearing button-downs and sports bras are sufficient, then its all good.

Yeah, having a large chest isn't fun.  I appreciate my two binders, but I can't wait for the day when I can get rid of them!  I tend to wear graphic t-shirts, since I only have a couple of button-down shirts.  Maybe I should look into getting a few more....

I didn't know that you have to stretch your earholes yourself! (O_O);;;  I know that I stretched my nostril piercing from a 20G to a 16G so that when I took it out for work, I was less likely to bend the 16G hoop than a 20G hoop.  I think it would be the same.  Maybe get some nose hoops so that you can stretch them, and run them back and forth as the holes stretch.  That's what I did with my nose piercing.  I don't know if you can see it in my icon pic, but its pierced.

I'm not familiar with what Boy George's ears look like now.  Have a pic?

Ryuichi

•  

F_P_M

Oh no it's more ANYTHING that puts pressure, even "I can breathe fine" pressure causes my ribs to flare up.
I have costocordosis (spelling?) which is an inflamation of the ribs and cartilage so my ribcage is almost always tender and putting any pressure against it causes pain.
a sports bra is weak enough pressure to not press too tight but underwire bras set it off BADLY (I can't wear underwires at all, maternity bras all the way baby)

I mean it MIGHT be okay but it's a big risk to take and the pain is honestly insane. I can't breathe because it hurts to do so when it's flaring, it's like this searing burning agony. Horrible. Bsaically the two ribs just under my breast on my right side have a problem and like to be jerks to me. I mean sometimes I don't even put pressure on them and they flare up because they suck. I get quite a lot of pain in the ribs, into my underarm and in the breast itself which the doctor tells me is all related. *sigh* Stupid ribs.

Lol I don't think Boy George has piercings but you know that sort of dandy boy look? I can rock dandy boy till I get T and end up a yeti ahahaha.
Seriously, i'm gonna be a yeti.
I already have a lot of body hair as a woman, if this is anything to go by, i'm gonna end up a teeny tiny bigfoot.
and it'll be HILARIOUS.

•  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: F_P_M on May 01, 2019, 05:59:53 AM*snip*

Lol I don't think Boy George has piercings but you know that sort of dandy boy look? I can rock dandy boy till I get T and end up a yeti ahahaha.
Seriously, i'm gonna be a yeti.
I already have a lot of body hair as a woman, if this is anything to go by, i'm gonna end up a teeny tiny bigfoot.
and it'll be HILARIOUS.

Dandy boy look?  Cool!  Hey, not everyone ends up looking like a lumberjack, yannow?  ;D

Yeti?  Now that's funny!  Or maybe Cousin It from The Addams Family?  That would be awesome!  But, if it is too much hair, you can always shave, right? 

I can't wait to see what you end up looking like once you're on T!  Be sure to post in this thread so we can see!  I will try to post a recent pic here, but I'm usually the one behind the camera! :P

Ryuichi

•  

Vethrvolnir

Mostly human
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Vethrvolnir on May 22, 2019, 03:36:47 AM
Putting pictures here... how do i do it?  ???

You need an offsite hosting facility like www.imgur.com which is free to host and then it will give you the posting code or simply include a link see this topic for clarification on sizes and appropriate images.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Vethrvolnir

Quote from: LizK on May 22, 2019, 05:24:43 AM
You need an offsite hosting facility like www.imgur.com which is free to host and then it will give you the posting code or simply include a ling see this topic for clarification on sizes and appropriate images.

Liz
Thanks!
Mostly human
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Vethrvolnir on May 22, 2019, 03:36:47 AM
Putting pictures here... how do i do it?  ???

You can also post pics using your smartphone.  Just use the bbc code for images.

Hope this helps! :)

Ryuichi

•  

Haley Conner

You guys all look very handsome!  @FPM don't sweat some douche-y troll on the bus.  He's probably some miserable sap trying to project his misery on others.  You should pity him.
  •