Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Truly scared for the first time in my life

Started by Jayne, April 15, 2013, 02:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Over the last 2 years i've had to deal with several incidents of threats due to being trans but have never been scared to go out due to these small minded idiots.

last week there was an incident at the hostel where I live, the end result was that my PSP got stolen, I confronted everyone who was in my flat & the person I already suspected of the theft got very aggressive & tried to start a fight with me, one of the hostel staff stepped in & removed him from the site, he's now banned & been told if he returns then the staff will happily have him arrested.

last night one of the women who lives here knocked on my door to warn me that he was hanging around the area, this man tried to start a fight with someone who he thought was me (he was very drunk & angry apparently), the staff said they would be extra vigilant as the place is covered with CCTV.
Earlier in the day my dog got into a fight with another dog & as I broke it up I slipped & hurt my left wrist, so if he started on me then i'd have no chance of defending myself.
This man is known for trouble (he's had half of his ear bitten off in a previous fight!!).

When it came time to walk Poopie I found that for the first time in my life I was truly scared & couldn't bring myself to go out in the dark park, I had to go into the main part of the hostel & ask one of the men here to come with me but he was out, the girlfriend of the aggressor said he had gone to his mums and would not be in the area so I took Poopie out on my own.

I didn't want to get the police involved in case it escalated the situation but i'm now considering calling them as this man lives in the area & may see me whilst i'm out & about, I have a doctors appointment in a few hours & i'm already getting nervous about going outside,

Sorry if this sad tale is a bit long but I needed to get this out there & ask other peoples opinion, should I call the police or should I just keep a low profile until this calms down?
Thank you for your patience if you've read this far

Jayne
  •  

Cindy

Hugs Hon,

I would call the Police and inform them that you have been threatened by this person and that he is a known offender. They probably won't do much but may increase a squad car drive past.

Can you carry mace or anything where you are? I can't but I do occasionally carry spray on oven cleaner if I'm worried about where I'm going. Sprayed into the face it would be an effective deterrent.

Keep safe.

let us know how you go

C
  •  

big kim

Call a cop,don't be scared by a bully. Sorry you've had to go through this
  •  

Jayne

I don't know what the law is regarding mace in the UK, we're so strict here you have to go really carefull so i'll check it out.

I'm going to speak to the woman who warned me he was around & also see if the man he threatened will give a statement to the police.

My biggest concern is that if this man tries to start a fight when i'm walking Poopie then he'll defend me & may get classed as a dangerous dog.
Poopie's a labrador doberman cross & the doberman comes out in full force when he fights another dog, he doesn't like german sheppards or black labs but gets on well with all other breeds, I never let him off the lead if one of those breeds is around, unfortunately if another dog has a go he will fight back  :(
He loves people so much that a burgulars only threat if they broke in would be getting licked to death, Poopie would even remind them that they forgot to steal the Xbox but I know he'd defend me.
  •