Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Jennygirl on April 23, 2013, 08:16:28 PM
Haha aww Aunt Shanty <3

I am thinking about making a trip up there in November or December so please hold tight :)

Okay I am kind of a ball of excitement right now to say the least. I might be going to Korea on May 12th. If my friend is able to accompany me then, I'll be having the operation on May 15th. Yuupppp!

Words. I have none. Too much nervous excitement. Does not translate into verbal semantics.

Whoa girl, that date is coming up fast. You're on a roll girl!
  •  

Ltl89

Haha aww Aunt Shanty <3

I am thinking about making a trip up there in November or December so please hold tight :)

Okay I am kind of a ball of excitement right now to say the least. I might be going to Korea on May 12th. If my friend is able to accompany me then, I'll be having the operation on May 15th. Yuupppp!

Words. I have none. Too much nervous excitement. Does not translate into verbal semantics.

Wow, that's very soon!  Good luck and I hope the results are amazing!

Please be sure to let us know how it goes.  :)
  •  

Rowan Rue

Haha aww Aunt Shanty <3

That's fantastic :) I really hope that works out for you Jenny!

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Jennygirl

Thank you for such warm wishes everyone!! Your support means a lot to me.

Even with all the positive statistics, I am still a little nervous.. it is after all a surgery.

I got my confirmation email... I'm all set for the 15th :D
  •  

Kate_H

Hi, first post for me here \o/

I checked out Yeson back in 2010 and got as far as getting a quote from them, but decided to redirect my meager funds towards FFS instead, and have been struggling with voice since 2008.  My first choice had always been Dr. Thomas (The Voice Doctor in Portland) but that would have been an expensive excursion way beyond my means at the time, so I looked heavily into Yeson which I figured I could do within £5000 (UK).  But then financial barriers got in the way and I couldn't really afford it, so tried to get help from the NHS Scotland, but they wouldnt fund anything - not even CTA surgery which is regularly practiced for NHS England patients.  That fight is still ongoing, but I'm looking with interest again at Yeson as there's more info *out there* now, and the results seem very good, the procedure quite mild by comparison, so I really look forward with interest to your experiences, Jenny :)

Kate

•  

Jennygirl

If you are interested, I think I will blog about the recovery process in this thread. I know to expect a sore throat for a few days, possible hoarseness that will go away within a couple of weeks of being able to talk minimally, and maybe some difficulty swallowing for a little while.

I have a great feeling about the procedure & the doctor and do not expect any major complications (or else I wouldn't be doing this surgery at all, really).

Also I am going to go back on a more strict low sugar diet to aid my immune response, too- so I will hopefully avoid any chance of getting sick / catching a cold.

I got my tickets last night! I am 100% ready now :) I fly out on the 12th and I'm back in the states on the 23rd. The 12th can't seem to come soon enough- but I know the next two weeks are going to fly by at lightning speed as I mentally ramp up and prepare for this whole thing.

I'll keep you updated! Thank you again for the support :)
  •  

Kate_H

Awesome, look forward to following your progress \o/
  •  

Shantel

Best wishes on this new adventure JennyGirl!  :)
  •  

XchristineX

I have a voice surgeon in USA that agreed to
Take me.....
This particular surgeon has a 80 percent satisfaction rate...
Worst being is no change in voice....
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: XchristineX on April 26, 2013, 05:49:18 PM
I have a voice surgeon in USA that agreed to
Take me.....
This particular surgeon has a 80 percent satisfaction rate...
Worst being is no change in voice....

That's great to hear you found a good one, Christine! Which doctor is it and do you know what the procedure is called if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't able to find anything in the states but CTA, laser thinning, and Dr. Thomas' approach.
  •  

XchristineX

•  

barbie

Quote from: Jennygirl on April 25, 2013, 10:50:34 AM

I got my tickets last night! I am 100% ready now :) I fly out on the 12th and I'm back in the states on the 23rd. The 12th can't seem to come soon enough- but I know the next two weeks are going to fly by at lightning speed as I mentally ramp up and prepare for this whole thing.

I'll keep you updated! Thank you again for the support :)
Jenny,

I sometimes go to Seoul, but have no plan of being there yet. I live in Jeju island and it takes about 4 hour to gangnam.

May is a nice time to tour around Seoul, especially buddhism temples. As May 17 is a national holiday (buddha's birthday), a lot of people will travel, and my brother's family will visit here.
I will fly to St Petersburg, Russia, on May 21 via Incheon airport at 17:45.
If you have any question on staying in Seoul, pls let me know or send PM.

Me in Insa dong (old town) of Seoul last summer.

Gangnam is a kind of new town. You can see more historic and traditional places in Gangbuk (old town north of Han river).

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jennygirl

Thanks for the info, barbie!

I am reeaally looking forward to the lotus lantern festival. Also, I'm thinking it is probably time to book a hotel now- seems like it's going to be a crowded time to be there. I might check out the world dj festival as well.

Lovely pic of you, by the way :)

Thanks again for the info and I'll PM you if I can think of any questions!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Jennygirl on April 24, 2013, 02:45:17 AM
Thank you for such warm wishes everyone!! Your support means a lot to me.

Even with all the positive statistics, I am still a little nervous.. it is after all a surgery.

I got my confirmation email... I'm all set for the 15th :D

Fantastic.

Avoid gaebul.  It is a marine burrowing worm.

They are generally eaten alive.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jamie D on April 29, 2013, 03:43:52 AM
Fantastic.

Avoid gaebul.  It is a marine burrowing worm.

They are generally eaten alive.

I love gaebul, although most people in Seoul and other inland areas hesitate to eat it. It's good for your health, and tastes sweet. Even some people from Seoul do not eat live oyster. As I grew out in an island, I eat every living thing from the sea, except some worms.

Another popular marine dish is live octopus. The cook slices it to very fine pieces, but they are still alive. You can feel it wiggling in your tongue. In Gangnam area, you can find it easily in sea food restaurants. And you may also try live sea cucumber.

All of those live invertebrates come with the main dish, sashimi (fresh bone fish, or teleost).

I once guided a bunch of people from Europe and America, and all of them ate very well the live octopus dish, but disappointingly they did not dare to try fermented skate dish. Skate naturally give out ammonia while they undergo fermentation. Ammonia is very effective in preventing dementia (Parkinson's disease). Only one friend from the US tried just one slice of the skate dish, and never again.

In Gangnam area, there are also many western-style restaurants, but if you want a kind of traditional ones, Gangbuk (old town) is better.

Finally, the hotel prices are relatively expensive in Gangnam area, but usually less than $200 per night. I usually stay at Novotel Ambassador hotel at a discounted rate of $150 per night. In less crowded areas, you can find economic hotels at $50 per night. Maybe the staff in Yeson clinic can arrange affordable hotels for you.

And finally, you will see many pretty and fashion-conscious girls in Gangnam area.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jennygirl

Wow great info!

Thanks barbie!!

I just booked my hotel... I'm staying at Hotel Prince Seoul in the Myeongdong area. It is about $120 a night for me and a friend, not too bad if you ask me. 10 nights is what makes it expensive. Apparently right along a huge shopping strip though.. Excited :D

Also I can't wait to try some good food- I'm adventurous when it comes to tastes so I really appreciate the recommendations.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jennygirl on April 29, 2013, 06:24:46 AM
Wow great info!

Thanks barbie!!

I just booked my hotel... I'm staying at Hotel Prince Seoul in the Myeongdong area. It is about $120 a night for me and a friend, not too bad if you ask me. 10 nights is what makes it expensive. Apparently right along a huge shopping strip though.. Excited :D

Also I can't wait to try some good food- I'm adventurous when it comes to tastes so I really appreciate the recommendations.

Jenny,

You already booked hotels. Hotels in Myeongdong area are generally relatively old, but a merit is that many foreign visitors, especially from Japan, stay there, and the hotel staffs can speak in English. Myeongdong is located in the old town (Gangbuk) and a most famous shopping destination in Seoul. Signs and menu of most restaurant are in English and Japanese. There are many historic sites including palaces and temples. You may just walk around there, even at midnight. Seoul is a kind of never-sleeping city. You can eat and drink for 24 hours.

You can reach the clinic through subway. The subway network is very complex, but once you learn, it is very convenient. You have better purchase a kind of electronic passing card from any convenient store such as Seven Eleven or GS25, which can be used for both subway and public bus. It takes just about 1 US$ from Myeongdong to Gangnam, and you may purchase a prepaid card of about $10 deposit.

Just walk around in Myeongdong, and you can find virtually every kind of restaurant in the world. The prices are far less expensive than in Tokyo or New York, but you can choose very expensive and special restaurants, too.

Any smartphone with Google map will help you greatly find any place in Seoul. In Seoul, there are many free wi-fi areas, including the hotel.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

Hmmmmm, well, I was meaning to go to Korea already :-) And I was already very interested in this, so actually, it seems like it could be a good option. I am really interested to hear how it goes.

I hope everything goes well for you ^_^

Kate_H

Dreamt that I was there for the procedure last night!  I think it may be a sign, lol..  I'm super-excited for you Jenny, and can't wait to hear how you get on :)  I'd love to get this done next year if I can afford it.  I'm already committed to a certain other surgical procedure this year as it is, lol
  •  

Kate_H

2 days to go!  Good luck  - not that you'll need it, but its what's said for these kind of things, lol :)

\o/
  •