Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fat loss around midsection?

Started by Revenna, April 20, 2013, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenna

I have a dilemma. I'm a little overweight (from depression) and some of it's gathered around my midsection. My usual weight-loss regimen of intense daily bike riding can lose me 40 pounds in 4 months, but that tends to come from all over. I really need an exercise to target my abdominal region while building minimal muscle. Sit-ups and crunches are the traditional way, but those are way too hard on my various back injuries... Any suggestions?
"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"
  •  

Beth Andrea

As I understand it, only liposuction actually targets specific areas...the body uses cardio to burn fat from all over, and wherever people store the most fat--thighs, tummy, between the ears--that area is the last to finish up.

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Devlyn

"between the ears"

I see what you did there!
  •  

D0LL

SPOT REDUCTION IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I just wanna throw that out there. I'm proof of this.

Now, this isn't to say you will ONLY lose stomach weight. But MOST of what you lose will likely come from the stomach (again, our bodies are all different, there is no single solution for everyone).

What I did to lose 1+" off my waist in 3 weeks:
-Borage Oil. I got the 500mg ones from Wal-Mart (only like $4 a bottle), and take 3-4 a day (or 6-8 if I chose to take two doses). This oil targets belly fat.
-Green Tea, a few cups a day. Targets belly fat, and prevents bloating. And I mean real tea, not the bottled crap with a million ingredients.
-Sweet Sweat, combined with a neoprene waist belt. The two make an amazing thermogenic combination, which makes fat melt off in that area rather than others.
-As you already stated, BIKE RIDES. This is probably the best way to build leg muscle while burning calories. This is what really activates my Sweet Sweat. I take my neoprene bands off and am literally dripping with sweat.

Also, keep in mind, the body usually burns off its newest fat first. So if the most recent weight you put on was in your stomach, guess where it's gonna come off first? :D However, this is also what makes losing those last few pounds so hard. That's the stuff that's been there the longest that your body just wants to keep clinging to.

Good luck (even though this thread's old). Spot reduction IS possible, and it's not as hard as you would think. It worked for me, and I hope it can help you, too.
  •