Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Is this weight loss too fast?

Started by KabitTarah, August 23, 2013, 03:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

I just came out to myself (August 5th, 2013) and immediately have started losing weight and eating healthier. In two and a half weeks I've lost 18 lbs. Some people are saying it's too fast. I'm not looking for these numbers to be sustainable (the first 10 was already faster than the second 8). I figure, it has only been half a month... I'm eating healthfully and not doing myself any severe damage. Hopefully I'm solving my sugar issues and probably I'm making my BP worse ;) ;) My eating is sustainable - I'm essentially eating how I want to eat at my target weight (or perhaps a bit more than I'd need to).

The reason I came out was directly related to my recent weight loss and healthfulness. I separated those problems from my gender identity issues and felt the difference with both in about 2-3 days. I also have a drive to solve my bigger health issues (and lose the weight, too) so HRT becomes a safer possibility than it would be now.

This morning I am 216.8 down from 235. My goal is 180, pre HRT. I am 5'11"
~ Tarah ~

•  

KabitTarah

Thanks. All I know is almost 20 lbs down and I feel awesome!
~ Tarah ~

•  

Rachel85

Good work Kabit!
I had a similar thing happen, when I figured it all out I started immediately eating better, quit drinking and made a proper exercise plan.
I had one woman at work (she was not a lady :) ) repeatedly tell me to stop losing weight because I was starting to look skinny (I was still over 100kg at this time so yea, LOL). I am still working on it although don't lose heart when you slow down a little, the initial weight loss is usually "easier" and quicker so keep up the good work! :)
  •  

Adam (birkin)

No, it's normal when you're a bit bigger to lose a lot initially and then have it slow down. My brother lost 17 pounds in his first WEEK lol (started at like 275). And then it slowed down to the 1-2 pounds a week deal after a couple weeks. As long as you're not starving yourself and getting all the nutrition you need you should be good.
  •  

KabitTarah

Well... I'm not hungry and I take a multi vitamin ("for men" ... wonder if I should switch to "for women" - no idea what the difference is).

I eat between 1300-1800 calories a day (it varies), but most often it's around 1500. Every single calorie (except for Hood Ice Cream Sandwich Minis ~ 100 calories, and sometimes a whiskey ~ 70 calories) comes from good sources... which is why I am full, I suppose. I've been eating a ton of salad, always with meat (protein!) and I've naturally been cutting salt way back (a "cheat" / "reward" day of a regular microwave popcorn makes me really heavy the next day - simply due to salt & water retention :) ).

I haven't done much exercise other than cleaning. I do a lot more cleaning and work around the house lately (I just hope it's not simply in preparation to sell it). I take long walks 1-2 times a week - it could be more, but I'm a bit preoccupied (my music practice has fallen off a bit, too).

I'm not changing anything until I don't feel good about myself. If I plateau I will eat more (counter-intuitive, but I understand this somewhat). I do have one day a week where I go slightly over my target... tomorrow will be one - I plan to gain a little weight (my kid's birthday party).

In any case... I will not listen to what my parents are saying about losing too fast. I don't think it applies to my situation.
~ Tarah ~

•