News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

WATCH: Straight Filmmaker Casts Transgender Actress in Transgender Love Story

Started by Natasha, April 26, 2013, 10:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

WATCH: Straight Filmmaker Casts Transgender Actress in Transgender Love Story

http://www.queerty.com/watch-straight-filmmaker-will-direct-and-star-in-transgender-love-story-20130426/
4/26/13
JEREMY KINSER

Is this really happening at long last? After years of non-transgender actors and actresses playing trans characters in film —and in many cases scoring lots of trophies for their efforts – a transgender actress will play a transgender woman in a film. Transgender actress Michelle Hendley, following what's described as a nationwide talent search, has nabbed the lead role as a trans woman in the upcoming rom-com Boy Meets Girl.

•  

XchristineX

I definitely can't wait to see it!!!
I'll cry my eyes out for sure....

She's soo pretty
  •  

JennX

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

Caramel Prisoner

Thanks for the link! I would have been really disappointed if I had heard about this after the funding deadline.
"You never know if you're gonna get hit by a bus one day. But that doesn't mean you can't ever leave your house, it means you should look both ways when you cross the street." -- J. Jacques, Questionable Content #2427
  •  

StellaB

"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

Joelene9

•  

Ashley Allison

Yay! Looking forward to a movie like this, which will hopefully have a bit of realism
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free
  •  

Lyric

After they raised some serious big bucks on Kickstarter for a Veronica Mars rehash, everybody in LaLa town has been hustling their films to financial pledgers on the Internet. I suspect this trend is going to be spread way too thin pretty soon. These guys only have $4600 so far with a month to go. That's a long, long way from serious movie making money.

Michelle Hendley is certainly a beautiful lady. I hope her acting career gets started some way or another. She doesn't seem to have any previous credits on IMDB, but you have to start somewhere, I guess.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •