News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Good News from West Texas

Started by Shantel, May 16, 2013, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Good news from West, Texas

The Westboro Church Cult showed up here in Texas to protest at the memorial service in West for the first responders who lost their lives in the explosion.

The chief of police promptly had all 20 or so of them arrested and put into holding cells (all the men in one and all the women in another).

When they told him he couldn't do that, he let them know he could. Since he hadn't officially charged them, he could hold them for 24 hours before he had to charge them or let them go! (plenty of time to hold the memorial service).

I guess Westboro didn't think it through too well. This is Texas, as quickly as we fry people down here, did they really think they would be allowed to show that kind of disrespect?

Their photos were also released to the other small towns surrounding West, where services would be denied to them. Sometimes you just have to admire the way they do things down there in Texas!
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Sarah Louise

Good move by the police chief.  I wish more would do that.  Although it could set a poor example for other legitimate protests.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Sarah Louise on May 16, 2013, 11:43:15 AM
Good move by the police chief.  I wish more would do that.  Although it could set a poor example for other legitimate protests.

Yeah, still that kind of thing requires a dose of common sense unlike the kind where a kid gets expelled from school for bringing a squirt gun to class.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

ahh good ol' westboro, taking all the love out of Jesus
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Bookworm

Either love it or hate it Texas has always had its own way of dealing with things. It has always been a stubborn state and will most likely remain as such. I do love how the photos where dragged around and how they were denied service. :)
  •  

Renee

Don't think its actually accurate though. There was apparently a warning from the Sherriff to them about protesting, but they never actually showed. 

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/wbctexas.asp
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Renee on May 16, 2013, 01:33:29 PM
Don't think its actually accurate though. There was apparently a warning from the Sherriff to them about protesting, but they never actually showed. 

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/wbctexas.asp

Oh hell another Internet BS story, I've been had for the umteenth time now!  >:(  Either way, I liked it because it would be the perfect thing to do to those creeps.  >:-)
  •