Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I made the cut

Started by VannaSiamese, May 25, 2013, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VannaSiamese

Somebody recently sent me an article from a large fashion website on the top 11 androgynous models in the world.  I went to read it and was very surprised and flatted to see I made the list.. especially when I saw who some of the other models were.  Anyway, it's a short read and a good introduction to some androgynous people
http://www.thecrosbypress.com/2013/03/19/get-weird-with-fashions-11-most-androgynous-models-the-run-down/
  •  

Beth Andrea

Wow, super congratulations are in order!!

CONGRATS!

:)

[ rant on]

Still congrats, but then I read this in the article...

QuoteI now have to worry that I'm sweating some smoking hot model chick that's actually a dude. It's more unnerving than... well, than anything, really.

*sigh*

If there's no chance of him "bagging" one of the women...does it really matter if any are male--or female?

[ /rant off]

...And now back to your regularly scheduled thread!
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

VannaSiamese

Quote from: Beth Andrea on May 25, 2013, 05:43:48 PM
Wow, super congratulations are in order!!

CONGRATS!

:)

[ rant on]

Still congrats, but then I read this in the article...

*sigh*

If there's no chance of him "bagging" one of the women...does it really matter if any are male--or female?

[ /rant off]

...And now back to your regularly scheduled thread!

Haha I agree, I really think it reaches a point to where it doesn't matter.  If you find somebody attractive then they are attractive... they shouldn't suddenly become unattractive because of what's in their pants. 
  •  

Lyric

This doesn't surprise me Van/Vanna (which is best, BTW?). I've seen your images turn up at a number of andro pic blogs. You have a very distinct and dramatic look. Needless to say, I'm a fan. I hope there's a lot more modeling ahead for you.

~ Lyric ~
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

ativan

Well that was a disgusting commentary from the articles writer.
Worried about being too 'ugly', I'm assuming he meant his looks.
What a remarkably ugly personality that comes through in that commentary.
Actually, ugly doesn't really begin to describe it.  :icon_censored:

In your field of modeling, your on anybody's list of the best.
That's pretty much a given that I don't think anyone here would argue with.
Ativan
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Jaime

•  

Taka

congrats!

you definitely deserve to be on that list.
  •  

Shantel

Way to go Van you are on a roll in the modeling world. Hopefully you have an agent? Things are looking bright on the road ahead of you!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on May 25, 2013, 06:21:05 PM
Well that was a disgusting commentary from the articles writer.
Worried about being too 'ugly', I'm assuming he meant his looks.
What a remarkably ugly personality that comes through in that commentary.
Actually, ugly doesn't really begin to describe it.  :icon_censored:

You're right about the article's author, most would have missed that though, but he is indeed an ugly person.

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on May 25, 2013, 06:21:05 PM
In your field of modeling, your on anybody's list of the best.
That's pretty much a given that I don't think anyone here would argue with.
Ativan

Van is a magnificent and extremely arty model, I always find her photos stunning. I will celebrate that and not let the negativity of the article's author overshadow her achievement.
  •  

Taka

van was rated 7/10, i don't find that very negative. the author seems more freaked out than hostile, and who wouldn't be if they grew up in a society where what's between your leg determine how you should look for the rest of your life. there are also some rather monosexual people out there to whose libido what's between another person's legs actually matters, i'm not too surprised if they are scared by the thought that a person's looks might be different from what they've learned that genitals should decide.

the way the author wrote it, does one good thing though, it's enough to convince anyone that the models are credible in their androgynous look, and thus worth noticing.

or might be just me who's a little insensitive to offensive language. i usually don't take anything as an offense unless i know it was meant that way.
  •  

Mayonnaise

Nifty to be on it and >-bleeped-<ty what they said at the same time.

But if you're proud of it, then WOOT!!!

8^)
  •