Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

it's not the answer that enlightens, but the question?

Started by katia, June 16, 2007, 03:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katia

i would think only if the question was more of a rhetorical, or by asking you, inadvertently, triggered a series of ideas within your own mind, causing the answer to come forth upon you, yes?  what do you think?
  •  

no_id

Hmm, it makes me think along the following lines:
Ultimately, an answer will lead to another question. The more questions are answered, the more questions will follow and allow more examiniations of perspectives/possibilities. Therefore, if an answer is always countered by a question the mind is 'forced' to think beyond boundaries, and thus engages in forms of enlightment.

.. Yer, but that spiral of thoughts just seems to bring up more questions  ;)
  •  

Rashelle

If you ask someone a question and they then come up with an answer chances are then will learn the answer as opposed to telling them the answer to a question cause then they may not learn. Same goes for the self when something should be learned if one questions then answers one may learn as opposed to being given the answer on a silver platter.
Rashelle
  •  

Jeannette

The question and answer are both important in the process. Perhaps the questions most contributing factors would include context and contingency. We have a sophisticated construct in our cognition, and considering that we all live on the same world many of the answers we conclude are similar. However, the questions which gave rise to those answers might not be similar. Therefore, you might ask me a question, and I might have the answer, and I might gain by knowing another question for which my answer applies. ;)
  •  

no_id

Quote from: Jeannette on June 18, 2007, 06:11:32 PM
The question and answer are both important in the process. Perhaps the questions most contributing factors would include context and contingency. We have a sophisticated construct in our cognition, and considering that we all live on the same world many of the answers we conclude are similar. However, the questions which gave rise to those answers might not be similar. Therefore, you might ask me a question, and I might have the answer, and I might gain by knowing another question for which my answer applies. ;)

I really like that one. Kuddos.  ;)
  •