Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Blind Faith and Trust

Started by Renae.Lupini, June 05, 2007, 02:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renae.Lupini

Quote from: Autumn on June 05, 2007, 01:53:44 PM
What makes me sad?

How shallow love seems to be. I've seen way, way too many people cheating on, lying to, and backstabbing the ones they go home to every night. The attitude that almost all of my male friends have of women being for nothing but sex. Most of my (former) female friends have cheated on their boyfriends.

It seems the more you trust someone, the more likely they are to be lying. And the biggest loss is the time you devote to them.

Would it be that since we reach a certain level of trust that we no longer question the people we are involved with? Along with that is the idea of knowing we are trusted so we push the limits of that trust. So is is it better to have blind faith and trust someone or to openly questions their actions if they appear less than sincere?
  •  

LostInTime

I trust the one(s) I am with unless I am given a reason not to do so anymore. Without trust, there is no relationship.

I am actually working on rebuilding trust with someone who recently hurt me. It is slow, but it is working.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I have no blind faith.  I have open eyes.  I trust my hubby.  He is completely open with me about everything.  He trusts me as well. But on both sides, that trust has been earned and not freely given.  Will either of us waiver?  I don't think so, but nothing is set in stone.  I know that I could find it in my heart to forgive him if something happened..... but no one tell hime that okay? ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •