Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

For those of you who lost weight post-hormones.

Started by Sybil, June 16, 2013, 01:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sybil

Did it help with your femininity? I'm overweight, but not obese, and 1-3 years away from my surgeries due to constraints on how much money I make. I really need some extra motivation to drop the pounds (aside from being healthier and having more energy), and I'd love to hear about how other MtF who lost weight (and have undergone HRT) felt it affected their overall femininity. I'm really kinda crossing my fingers that it'll make me considerably more womanly.
Why do I always write such incredibly long posts?
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Sybil on June 16, 2013, 01:44:15 AMI'm really kinda crossing my fingers that it'll make me considerably more womanly.

Losing weight helps a lot and you'll feel much better about yourself in the process!!! Do it for yourself not anybody else!!!! I went from 175 to 150 working like a Egyptian slave but fear, can't look, am now well over 190 !!!!!

YIKES!! I don't think fat "redistributes" automatically if you put, already 'ave it on, losing it will be in "the right places" for a better femininity !!!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Tristan

Yes losing weight does help out. When I lost a little weight and it came back it went to new areas. Mainly my but thighs and chest.
  •  

Carrie Liz

I'm starting to suspect that my weight loss has had even more of an impact on my femininity than even HRT has so far... because for the first 4 months or so, I lost 45 lbs. And every single week I felt like I was looking more and more feminine... slimmer waist, less fat on the lower face, shapelier arms and legs, etc. Wheras for the last month, I haven't really lost any weight, and I feel like there's been barely any changes whatsoever.
  •  

Sybil

That all sounds really amazing. I think it's due time I put more effort into my health. Thank you, ladies.
Why do I always write such incredibly long posts?
  •  

Chloe

Tell ya's a 'lil secret: it's not advertised as such but . . .

"" Youngevity Products such as Beyond Tangy Tangerine "" are the BEST nutritional weight loss products going !!!! ( infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/yota.html )

Am trying to find the Developer's interview VDO, a animal research scientist named "Dr Joel Wallach" . . .

youtube.com/watch?v=1hlHdVNMMBg

Quote from: Dead Doctors Don't Lie, , , , is the alternative health "Tell-All" book by Dr. Joel Wallach that makes doctors cringe.  It is a reference on what nutritional supplement to take for close to 400 different kinds of diseases.  Skyrocketing health-care costs today are forcing people to take another look at conventional treatment and this book explains how you can do it.  Learn valuable information that can eliminate a major portion of costly medical expenses and allow you to live a happier, healthier life.  •Autobiography of Dr. Wallach
•Learn how to prevent and reverse 412 diseases with vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, and herbs.
•Reveals facts that are opposite from what the medical community has led you to believe.
•Don't wait for twenty years of expensive "double blind" studies to learn how to rescue your health.
•Gain a clear understanding of the importance of having ninety essential nutrients and sixty essential minerals and how they affect your body and health.
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Shakira

I have read that if you lose your excess weight before going on hrt and keep it off for the first couple of years your body will adjust to the new hormones and if you get a little bigger the extra weight tends to accumulate in the same areas as it does on the female body as opposed to going straight to your belly pre-hrt.Is this true?
  •  

pebbles

I've been many different weights throughout my life I'm highlighting the points that my weight started to turn the other way. Oh I'm 5'7 for reference.
11stn (Male) -Normal mostly muscle-
13stn (Male) -Fat-
10stn (Male*start of transition*) -Normal-
10.5stn (Female) -Normal slightly chubby-
8.5stn (Female) -Borderline anorexic-
9stn (Female*Current*) -Slender-

I dropped from 13stone to 10stone pre-transition when I became a vegetarian I gave up the vegetarianism when I started transition and got cravings for fleshy things although I don't eat a alot of meat I do treat myself from time to time. My mum kicked up a fuss when I lost 3 stone in 6 months but seriously I WAS overweight and loosing those 3stone made me feel SO much healthier.

As I started hormones my weight increased slightly and that extra half stone did generally goto the right places however mostly to my ass and hips not alot went to my boobs tho. *sigh* however I still had some male fat from before lingering around that didn't move. (mini-pot belly and visceral fat)

My weight remained stable for nearly a year I then got depressed and fell into some dangerous anorexic like habits, within a couple of months my weight nose dived. My feminine ass and hips vanished and my boobs were reduced to nothing but big nipples on a ribcage... I didn't look particularly masculine I looked more like a child, I definitely looked less feminine than I did. My waist looked good everything else however looked bony. it really exaggerates your height even if your not incredibly tall for a female like me That's when people start referred to me as "That lanky chick" or "The Scrawny girl" I had a boyfriend during this time who laughed at my chest when he saw me naked referring to them as "anti-boobs" comments like that did hurt.

Mercifully I have managed to pull up and wriggle away before that demon gripped me too hard and I've gained weight since then. I would note all the weight I've gained since then has gone to the right places, my boobs are as big as they were when I was 10.5 (Small but present) stone and I still have a trim waist and belly the weight I've gained has gone to my hips and bum again but without any of the male bits I had before.

I think that estrogen makes new fat cells goto feminine places but doesn't shift "male" fat cells itself. Of course the conclusive test for me would be to gain another stone back upto 10stone and see if it gives me a cracking set of tits or gives me a minipot belly again.

:P Nahh actually I think I'm fine how I am.
So yeah in theory loose alot of weight then gain it back when on HRT... easier said than done, of course... Eating disorders are like deadly black holes or rip-tides, You think your okay and your not as bad as the 6stn girls on jerry springer so you can go alittle further, but when you turn around you realize how hard it is to pull away, I didn't even fall that far but I did *really* fell it's pull on me.
  •  

kariann330

So it seems like the general theme here is IF i wanted to be a 14/16 after transition, loose the extra weight i have now while i still have the higher T levels and muscle mass, then let the slower metabolic rate bring back the weight and it will go to all of the places i want it to be now....if im missing something plz let me know cuz im kinda out of it right now cuz of a lack of sleep.
I need a hero to save me now, i need a hero to save my life, a hero will save me just in time!!

"Don't bother running from a sniper, you will just die tired and sweaty"

Longest shot 2500yards, Savage 110BA 338 Lapua magnum, 15X scope, 10X magnifier. Bipod.
  •