Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Forum/Blog solution?

Started by Shana-chan, December 13, 2013, 03:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana-chan

Sorry if any of this has been asked before but I was hoping to start blogging here on whatever I feel I need/want too, only to find out that months later the blog situation is still the same. (I tried requesting for a forum/blog months ago and was told the same thing that's still going on) So I'm just wondering if there's any solution to this and how long till these features come back? I know not just me but others would really like to have our own forum/blog and start blogging and so we look forward to their return.
"Denial will get people no where."
"Don't look to the here & now but rather, to the unknown future & hope on that vs. the here & now."
  •  

King Malachite

Even though I have a blog, I was kind of wondering about this too.  I know that ever since the change, several people have requested their blogs to be removed as they had no need for them anymore.  Perhaps those blogs could be swapped out for someone who wants one?  I think there may be a few blogs still here from people who have deleted their account.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Devlyn

I turned my blog in. As I remember, the forum software only allows 400 boards total, and the blogs ran us up against that limit.
  •  

Nero

We're working on it as part of the new changes.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Shana-chan

Quote from: FA on December 13, 2013, 09:51:59 PM
We're working on it as part of the new changes.
Cool, just wondering but it was months back that I remember reading about how this place was going to begin prep for a new modern site and I'm guessing these "new changes" are part of the new modern site? Either way is there any kind of estimate or actual time frame window you could give us on when this will happen?
"Denial will get people no where."
"Don't look to the here & now but rather, to the unknown future & hope on that vs. the here & now."
  •  

Jamie D

There are limits to what we can do with the "Simple Machines Forum" platform we have right now.

That is one of the reasons we are trying to raise funds - to get a well-designed and modern site.

Web design ain't cheap!  And we haven't hit our funding goals at all.
  •