Main Menu

I told my mom....

Started by Kei22, August 09, 2013, 02:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kei22

She has to see the letter yet......

Some support?..

God so nervious.

I told her am genderqueer and that i would like to dress more male or androgynous.
  •  

SaveMeJeebus

•  

Stella Stanhope

Good luck! And stay strong :-)

It may be hard getting family to accept and adapt, but it can be simply because of their worry for you and their own confusion over what gender actually means, rather than a selfish desire to keep you as you are. Hopefully you'll have a family that will support immediately, or if not immediately, when they have gotten over their own learned behaviours and fears of breaking with society etc.

Keep us posted on your progress!  :)
There are no more barriers to cross... But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis... I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

When you find yourself hopelessly stuck between the floors of gender - you make yourself at home in the lift.
  •  

jesseofthenorth

Coming out to family is always nerve wracking. I hope you are proud of yourself for being so brave! In the long run, no matter what happens in the immediate you will feel better for being open about who you are.
Hoping it goes well for you :)
Still trying to find all the facets of my identity now that I am firmly and forever out of my closet. The question is: who am I really?
  •  

Lo

Yes, good luck!

You're braver than me  :-\
  •