Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Update and a question.

Started by veritasinchains, June 27, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veritasinchains

The question first. I have a cute new skirt and spaghetti strap camisole the issue is that I have no strapless bras. And the only ones I have (due to my broad chest) are sports bras. Would the camisole look terrible with a sports bra?

The update is cool. I am on spiro and oral estradiol!

I feel great. I almost had my first random cry moment while hanging out with a friend. We were watching funny videos and laughing very hard. I felt the sudden urge to start sobbing. Otherwise I feel pretty good. The changes are starting. I am super excited. At my boss's request/suggestion I came out at work. There are a couple of new employees that... unless they have seen the time card I grab (legal name required here...) they don't even know my birth name. And I actually have a few friends that don't know that name either!
  •  

Hideyoshi

I for one like the look of bra straps under spaghetti strap tops :)
  •  

stephaniec

yes , bra straps look quite nice
  •  

sad panda

Well what kind of cami do you mean? Some kind of normal tops they call camis in stores, I don't know why, but generally when people say camis (ya know like with lace trim) they mean really basically an undergarment and you wouldn't wear those as a top, but under one.

But with a normal spaghetti strap top it is completely normal to have bra straps showing... it would only be weird with a strapless top.
  •  

AnneB

is it a plain cami, or does it have the "boob shelf" sewn in?  ;)  what size, does it come in other colors, any nice lace, would it go with nice jeans, how 'bout distressed/holey jeans, where did you get it, was it on sale, will they put them out again, ermahgerdddd!!  what have I become, someoneee help meeeeee .... aaaaahahhhh ( <--- goes running down the hall..)

sorry.. I've been in a weird/funny mood/mode lately..    >:-)

total seriousness now (*giggles*)..  multiple thin straps are all the rage now, it's ok to go with.. seems multi-colored too, like a badge..   :angel:
  •  

veritasinchains

Here is the link to the place I bought a few from. They had a few other colors in store including a lavender one with lace at the top and bottom. But this is the basic style. Oh also the blue I got is a little darker.
http://www.debshops.com/plus-size-basic-cami/1000055829.html?prefn1=size&prefn2=colorName&cgid=3576&prefv2=Blue&prefv1=3X

Also here is the skirt. Mine looks a little closer to cream but is the same type.

http://www.debshops.com/plus-size-crochet-lace-skater-skirt/1000060928.html?cgid=2197

Thinking of wearing a pair of rainbow leggings with it but leaning to another color since the leggings are only thigh high and I am not that confident in my tuck ability yet. :P
  •  

sad panda

Wait, you're thinking of wearing all those together?
  •  

TerriT

Nobody is going to care about your bra strap if you're wearing rainbow leggings. They will be like "Rainbow leggings? Really? WTF?"
  •  

veritasinchains

Nah. Not really. I am still learning to dress out. I live at home where it isn't exactly easy for me to dress like me... I plan on moving out in a few months or so if I can afford it. I am planning on moving in with a couple of friends who are the reason I went to this years pride event in Indy wearing a skirt and ladies top. And I didn't feel self conscious all day. :D
  •