Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

Quote from: AppleJack on April 28, 2014, 03:22:50 PM
It can't be a good before after until you post a bearded photo.

2010 - 2014. Two days to make one year on HRT.

"And nothing of value was lost that day". Won't miss that >-bleeped-<ty beard.

Yes. A great achievement!
Looking forward to more!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Carrie Liz

Quote from: AppleJack on April 29, 2014, 02:03:16 PM
Thanks, but...

Face: It's a matter of perspective. This is "the real me".

Nice try. :P You may not see it, but I still see the same dramatic change as in the official "after." Your face has really thinned out and feminized. Plus your natural hair looks very feminine. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  •  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

Quote from: Ev on April 27, 2014, 04:28:06 AM

Ev, so you were bearded and chunky too?  HAH! So cool.  Doesn't it feel nice to have shed all that?  I know it does for me. I feel like I peeled away an extra layer of manliness that never belonged there.

You look great Ev.  Can't wait to see how you progress with HRT. Oh and I love your hair. :)
  •  

Ev

Quote from: Lara the Lover and the Fighter on April 30, 2014, 06:27:09 AM
Ev, so you were bearded a chunky too?  HAH! So cool.  Doesn't it feel nice to have shed all that?  I know it does for me. I feel like I peeled away an extra layer of manliness that never belonged there.

You look great Ev.  Can't wait to see how you progress with HRT. Oh and I love your hair. :)

Hahaha thank you.  Yeah, that I was.  I was a skinny-minny growing up though...6'0/160 LBS bio/male my senior year...before the depression kicked in and I just gave up.  I actually managed to get down to my high school weight two years back...when I was 30...but when I learned that you can lose on HRT, I put a little on to compensate for the possible drop in weight.  Can't be too thin, after all...especially since I do martial arts.

As far as my hair is concerned: I have always liked it.  I always wanted to grow it out and first chance I got after the military, I did just that.  My hair has always been very feminine, and is one of those "things I like about me best" parts.  (My eyes and lips are my first, followed by my legs and butt. The area I hate most is my tummy followed by my "man-ribs", I must confess.)
  •  

@Diana

love this thread ! you girls are amazing !! great job !
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: AppleJack on April 29, 2014, 02:03:16 PM
Hair: Actually, it's a natural hair clip-on extension. My top scalp is fairly damaged and does not grow and the same rate as the sides. I have had some considerable overall filling, but if you want to see the old photos to compare, let me know in FB. They are quite triggering.
Apple it seems you and I have a simmilar problem though I've always kept my hairline. The top left side of my scalp was somewhat dammaged (burned) in my 91 aircraft accident. And over the years until starting my hrt I would lose hair in patches in that area. This would happen in phases like, it would go on for a year or so then quit. Long story short, it was happening again worse than ever until I started my hrt with Dutasteride (Avodart) added as a DHT blocker. 3 days in on my hrt and my hair loss stopped dead in it's tracks and began reversing. I've a lot of regrowth in these areas, but it's young finer hair than my already fine hair on the rest of my head. Now nearly 4 months on hrt you can't see my scalp in these areas anymore unless it's either wet, or, I'm in a very bright flourescent lit room (and then just barely). I'm hoping in time my regrowth in these areas will continue to thicken but until it does, I'm considering a partial like yours. Overall my hair is long (down past the middle of my back in it's longest area) so the partial I get would need to match my natural hair color.

Since Yours looks so good I thought I'd ask if you had any suggestions on where to get a partial that would just cover the top of my head and fill my bangs in a bit until my regrowth catches up to the rest of my hair? I have a cheap wig that actually look's pretty good on me, but it's too long to wear on a daily basis here in Florida during Summertime.
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Apples Mk.II

Quote from: Allyda on April 30, 2014, 12:00:14 PM

Since Yours looks so good I thought I'd ask if you had any suggestions on where to get a partial that would just cover the top of my head and fill my bangs in a bit until my regrowth catches up to the rest of my hair? I have a cheap wig that actually look's pretty good on me, but it's too long to wear on a daily basis here in Florida during Summertime.

Check your PM inbox...
  •  

Hannahh

Hello Everybody,

I am so, totally stunned, admiring when I see your pictures (and these words are not enough what I feel) and, I have to confess a little desperate...
I would to say you with a lot of sincerity : Congratulations ++
Apple you are amazing,
Ev you are so pretty,
Carrie you are beautiful,
Androgynous, what change !
Anna, I say again Waou...
Bijou, it is so incredible, how is it possible ?
Zoe, what change too !
IamSoScared, you are so bonny,
Cassie, you are pretty especially when I see your teeth when you smile,
Raimbow, what progress ! mind-blowing
Emily, you are charming,
Shantel, please, give me the recipe and thank you a lot to make me laugh...
Megan, you are definitely a girl...
Carolina, stunning, so stunning,
Hayley, add always a smile, you are amazing,
Grace and Jessica, please, send the real before picture ! How is it possible ? you look so feminine
Lara, you are so cute,
Natalia, extraordinary and so fast ! how can you change your eyes like that ???
HaleyT, you are so fetching,
Orihime, I can't believe that, in 16 months, who is the guy next to you ?
Tori, you are so beautiful... so different like another life
Joanna, nothing to change ? you are a so pretty woman...
Zoƫ, one month... incredible... I do not imagine in 6 months.
Sarah Anne, I read several times your post about your transition, I look and look again your pictures captivating, exquisite and more...
Llerret, you are charming too.

Sorry for the other ladies but I stoped my reading page 69...(I read from the last) and it was a good thing, my english (not my first language) so poor to find different words for all of you.

I repeat : A lot of congratulations, definitely I envy you... a lot.
Warmly,
Hannah(h)
  •  

Rachel85

Never posted a pic on the forums so thought it was a good time, 10 months HRT in two days! Woo!

Before HRT Feb 2013
Going to a friends' wedding, I was not happy with wearing a suit.

9 months HRT March 2014
Straightened hair makes me happy! My normal extremely curly hair drives me nuts.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Rachel85 on May 01, 2014, 09:29:22 AM
Never posted a pic on the forums so thought it was a good time, 10 months HRT in two days! Woo!

Before HRT Feb 2013

9 months HRT March 2014
Straightened hair makes me happy! My normal extremely curly hair drives me nuts.

Handsome before and now totally gorgeous Rachel!
  •  

Allyda

9 months HRT March 2014

Uh, Yea, you look great. You've a very cute smile and great breast development by the way.

Oh by the way, I've never worn a suit in my life, Always hated the things & they look like they'd choke you to death!, lol!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Jill F

Before HRT Feb 2013

9 months HRT March 2014

Nice show!  I always HATED suits and especially tuxedos as well. *gags*  I'm going to hate the way I look- guaranteed.  LOL.  Now I know I never have to wear one again and I get to wear pretty dresses instead.  I guess men's formal wear was a major dysphoria trigger for me.
  •  

barbie

Before HRT Feb 2013

9 months HRT March 2014

It is just amazing. I prefer your transitioned looks.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

E-Brennan

Before HRT Feb 2013

9 months HRT March 2014

Well, Ms. Rachel, you look absolutely beautiful now.  As a fellow curly hair sufferer, I'm liking what you've been able to do with your locks.  How did you get it nice and straight like that?
  •  

stephaniec

Before HRT Feb 2013

9 months HRT March 2014

I'm sure you feel as good as you look
  •  

@Diana

@Rachel85 , you look great as a girl ! i can tell from your pic, you looked unhappy as a boy wearing suit

great job girl ! :)
  •  

Rachel85

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Hey __________, I just used a straightener, nothing too fancy but a drop of moisture and TWANG curly again. Drives me nuts!
  •  

Melissa_fox

Yes suits were a major dysphoria trigger for me as well.  Back then when I had to wear suits I had no idea why they made me so uncomfortable.
  •  

Evelyn K

Quote from: Rachel85 on May 01, 2014, 09:03:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Hey __________, I just used a straightener, nothing too fancy but a drop of moisture and TWANG curly again. Drives me nuts!

Hi. Frizzies after straight ironing right? And the worst is summer humidity.

I'm going to tell you how to fix it. Straight iron your hair with a Dimethicone and/or Cyclomethicone based silicone serum like Sabino Moisture Block or Pure Shine Frizz Remedy.

The absolute important thing - there are other frizz products - like Frizz Ease but they contain oils, water, alcohol, vitamins, conditioners and other garbage that will bend in humidity after being heat fused to the shaft. Avoid these, only get the purest unadulterated silicon product possible. Some exceptions are sunscreen ingredients like Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate.

Sabino Moisture Block - two ingredients only Dimethicone or Cyclomethicone (cons: cost, just a slightly greasy afterlook, but the strongest moisture block recommended for high humidity)
Pure Shine Frizz Remedy - three ingredients only Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (cons: none really. works for most regular days. Much cheaper.)

What I do is, after a shower I towel dry my hair. Then a quarter sized amount rubbed on my hands, then run it through the top section of my hair. Vice versa for sides, back, tails. Comb hair straight to evenly distribute product, set in the direction your style and hair part follows. Air dry for 15 minutes to help the shaft directions rest. Then blow dry, use light heat to reduce curling.

Straight iron your hair and you should make it through most of a hot humid day with just some frizz, or a winter day pin straight. :D

I use a tourmaline iron at 356 degrees, the iron slides through my particular hair like butter at that temp. I wouldn't go higher. Always sweep the iron through and moving so you don't damage or burn your hair.

Video test of Sabino Moisture Block

•  

Ms Grace

Before HRT Feb 2013

9 months HRT March 2014

Wow Rachel! Having already met you in person a couple of months ago I can say I would never have guessed the pic of you in dude mode was you, even if you'd shown it to me back then! Gosh!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •