Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Confirmed Surgery Date

Started by jillian, September 11, 2007, 07:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jillian

Hello,

I have a confirmed surgery date for SRS, trach and voice on May 26, 2008 with Dr. Brassard.  I see the next ~9months passing by very quickly. It seems almost surreal that this is actually finally happening but also just like the next step for me in transitioning.

Thank you for all of the comments and support that you have all offered on this site. The information on this website has been very insightful and informative. It's an honor to to be able to read other people's experiences with SRS in the past as it is a very personal issue not often discussed.

Does anyone have recommendations on travel arrangements when visiting Montreal? I hear for some it's worth an upgrade to business class or similar for the return flight. Any other comments or suggestions are welcome!

:D

-Jillian
  •  

Gill

Hi Jillian:

Montreal is a great city, shopping is to die for.  But that said you probably won't be able to get around.  It may be a good idea if you can to bring someone with you.  I know I was always picking things up for Steph, magazines, snacks and such.  We drove back 2.5 hours.  Told Steph take the drugs and go to sleep, which she did.  Sitting upright in a plane will probably be difficult for any length of time, so taking the drugs and having someone to "watch over you" is a good suggestion.  You will need help in carrying the bags as you won't be able to lift for a bit.  If you have to bring a campanion, then their expenses can be claimed through a tax deduction as well - at least in Canada.  I don't think it will be much different in the US.  If someone can't come with you, then it is really a good idea to have someone meet you at the other end when you return to help with the bags and such.

Gill
  •  

Jay

•  

Hazumu

Another step along the path -- It's surprising how quickly they add up!

Congratulations!

Karen
  •  

gothique11

Congrats. :)

Posted on: September 13, 2007, 03:12:48 AM
Quote from: Gill on September 12, 2007, 06:17:15 PM
Hi Jillian:

Montreal is a great city, shopping is to die for.  But that said you probably won't be able to get around.  It may be a good idea if you can to bring someone with you.  I know I was always picking things up for Steph, magazines, snacks and such.  We drove back 2.5 hours.  Told Steph take the drugs and go to sleep, which she did.  Sitting upright in a plane will probably be difficult for any length of time, so taking the drugs and having someone to "watch over you" is a good suggestion.  You will need help in carrying the bags as you won't be able to lift for a bit.  If you have to bring a campanion, then their expenses can be claimed through a tax deduction as well - at least in Canada.  I don't think it will be much different in the US.  If someone can't come with you, then it is really a good idea to have someone meet you at the other end when you return to help with the bags and such.

Gill

Hum, I didn't think of the bags thing, but that's totally true -- I'm not sure who is going to come with me, I have a few friends that might, and then there's my sorta gf that said she'd be coming depending on when it is. I have family in Montreal, but they don't really talk to me much.
  •  

Gill

The airport staff are really good if told you need assistance getting back home.  The would even provide a wheel chair etc for you - that's also a good suggestion to remember.   And the staff at the hospital and convalesence home are great helping with the bags and baggage stuff.

Gill
  •  

Dennis

Congrats, Jillian :) and wow!

Dennis
  •  

Suzy

•  

Ms.Behavin

Yippe for Jillan.  I'm happy for you. 

Take care

Beni