Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I completely screwed up.

Started by LearnedHand, July 28, 2013, 07:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingCrow

Okay everyone, get ready for a good laugh.

I have no idea what on earth I did, it was all going so well. I think I started too dark on the skin, and then I said "oh man, I think I am screwing up" and went and started doing the eyebrows and eyes, and when that didn't help, I started working on the skin again, knew that wasn't working, and then just started doing the beard. Obviously, epic failure, so I gave up before finishing the lips, teeth, and eyes:

I painted out the face and I'll try again tomorrow or later on this week:

I still need to finish the necklace and shading at the bottom of the shirt too. . .

I think his right arm is too small as well, will need to fix that too.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Joe.

If it's any consolation, I really like how you've done the clothes and colouring. Painting faces is a hard task and I think you did pretty well on the first one. Painting smiling faces is even harder than just faces. Keep up the good work though! I look forward to seeing what the end result is.
  •  

DriftingCrow

Thanks Joey, I am going to try adding some reds or pinks into the brown, I think that was a major problem the first time. His skin reminded me of someone who was sea-sick. And, I am going to watch some YouTube videos on how to paint facial hair.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Devlyn

You did better than I ever could! Hey, your total has changed twice today, hasn't it? I better go check Malachite, too.
  •  

Joe.

Something I was taught in a human form lesson was that the colour of the skin is so different to what we percieve. We think it's all cream and brown but really when you look closely all sorts of colours come out. I ended up using greens, blues and oranges as wellas the usual creams and bBrown's and it was amazing how it came out. I know you're only doing the face so it's not that much skin showing, but it's something to bear in mind in the future. If you want me to pm some of the colours I used in my human form and the overall look I'd be more than happy to. Discovering painting is so much fun.
  •  

Elijah3291

yeah, his right sleeve needs to be baggier.

I really like the body/clothing though!

I can't draw/paint realistic faces to save my life haha, and if I do they always have a closed mouth

keep up the hard work
  •